What Coffee are you drinking?

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Cabaiguan juan
Toro
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Oahu. Over looking Wikiki and Diamond Head. My Aunt and uncle have been out there since the 80’s I think. I have one cousin who just left for the Mainland and another cousin getting ready to head back to Hawaii. I was just out on Oahu in March.

Where are you thinking about going for your 40th anniversary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Juan, I'm old but not *that* old. It's my 40th birthday, not our 40th anniversary :roll: :lol:
If you say so. Haha. Well there is certainly a lot to do on Oahu. I can’t speak for Kauai having never been there but I’m sure that you would love it just the same.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by f.sinagra » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm

I’ve been using the Bialetti a lot more than I used too. I have a Breville and Nespresso machine. While those give me perfect cremas, I cannot get a consistent crema on the Bialetti.

And I’ve been drinking Kimbo, Bustelo, a really light Colombian blend that my friend picked up in his travels...and that’s it lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

User avatar
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:02 pm

f.sinagra wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm
I’ve been using the Bialetti a lot more than I used too. I have a Breville and Nespresso machine. While those give me perfect cremas, I cannot get a consistent crema on the Bialetti.

And I’ve been drinking Kimbo, Bustelo, a really light Colombian blend that my friend picked up in his travels...and that’s it lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet I had 6 months of consistent Bialetti usage before I got a consistent brew. I found the ability to burn it so likely if I didn't catch things perfectly. Also, if done at too low a temp I never got the crema. Frankly, my regular and unsuccessful tinkering led me to drink so many Cafe lattes that I just generally prefer that over espresso these days. Lemonade from lemons I guess

star644
Toro
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 am

d

Post by star644 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm

d
Last edited by star644 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:22 pm

star644 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm
I’ve been drinking Black Rifle Coffee Company “Thin Blue Line” blend in a reusable K-Cup. Black Rifle Coffee Company is a veteran owned business that donates a portion of their profits to veteran organizations and first responder organizations. Being a retired LEO, I want to support a company like that. Besides it’s good coffee Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might ruffle a few feathers here but I'm open to dialogueing about this if we keep things civil.

My dislike for how organizations are politicized annoys me on a more regular basis than I ever imagined it could. I would love to support law enforcement with a purchase I'd be making anyways (e.g. coffee) but I'm hesitant to do so because I don't want to align myself with a more extreme version of what the "Blue Lives Matter" movement can encompass. Who are these owners? Roasters, etc? I have family in LE on local, regional and federal level. I believe they are a necessary step for any orderly and safe civilization. I appreciate how officers regularly are in situations I'd never wish to be in, let alone choose to be in. That takes a certain person that I applaud. The thing is, I have had experiences where those supporting and pushing organizations often times are those who align universally. The subtlety and nuance of each and every situation make me shy away from that. Folks unite and support instead of sensibly and pragmatically supporting.
Circling back, I wish this blind, sheepish following was not a thing. It is so troubling to support anything for fear of supporting the wrong thing. Being a good person gets harder and harder as time passes.

User avatar
akpreacher
Gordo
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 am

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by akpreacher » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:17 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
star644 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm
I’ve been drinking Black Rifle Coffee Company “Thin Blue Line” blend in a reusable K-Cup. Black Rifle Coffee Company is a veteran owned business that donates a portion of their profits to veteran organizations and first responder organizations. Being a retired LEO, I want to support a company like that. Besides it’s good coffee Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might ruffle a few feathers here but I'm open to dialogueing about this if we keep things civil.

My dislike for how organizations are politicized annoys me on a more regular basis than I ever imagined it could. I would love to support law enforcement with a purchase I'd be making anyways (e.g. coffee) but I'm hesitant to do so because I don't want to align myself with a more extreme version of what the "Blue Lives Matter" movement can encompass. Who are these owners? Roasters, etc? I have family in LE on local, regional and federal level. I believe they are a necessary step for any orderly and safe civilization. I appreciate how officers regularly are in situations I'd never wish to be in, let alone choose to be in. That takes a certain person that I applaud. The thing is, I have had experiences where those supporting and pushing organizations often times are those who align universally. The subtlety and nuance of each and every situation make me shy away from that. Folks unite and support instead of sensibly and pragmatically supporting.
Circling back, I wish this blind, sheepish following was not a thing. It is so troubling to support anything for fear of supporting the wrong thing. Being a good person gets harder and harder as time passes.

I like that it has caused the people who quietly sit on the sidelines in their beliefs now have to either take a stand or give in! Things are much easier when the lines are clear!

#thinbluelinestrong


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:23 pm
Contact:

What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by f.sinagra » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 pm

akpreacher wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:
star644 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm
I’ve been drinking Black Rifle Coffee Company “Thin Blue Line” blend in a reusable K-Cup. Black Rifle Coffee Company is a veteran owned business that donates a portion of their profits to veteran organizations and first responder organizations. Being a retired LEO, I want to support a company like that. Besides it’s good coffee Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might ruffle a few feathers here but I'm open to dialogueing about this if we keep things civil.

My dislike for how organizations are politicized annoys me on a more regular basis than I ever imagined it could. I would love to support law enforcement with a purchase I'd be making anyways (e.g. coffee) but I'm hesitant to do so because I don't want to align myself with a more extreme version of what the "Blue Lives Matter" movement can encompass. Who are these owners? Roasters, etc? I have family in LE on local, regional and federal level. I believe they are a necessary step for any orderly and safe civilization. I appreciate how officers regularly are in situations I'd never wish to be in, let alone choose to be in. That takes a certain person that I applaud. The thing is, I have had experiences where those supporting and pushing organizations often times are those who align universally. The subtlety and nuance of each and every situation make me shy away from that. Folks unite and support instead of sensibly and pragmatically supporting.
Circling back, I wish this blind, sheepish following was not a thing. It is so troubling to support anything for fear of supporting the wrong thing. Being a good person gets harder and harder as time passes.

I like that it has caused the people who quietly sit on the sidelines in their beliefs now have to either take a stand or give in! Things are much easier when the lines are clear!

#thinbluelinestrong


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being that the owners/roasters are retired LEOs, I can see them supporting their “industry.”

That being said, I try not to support those companies that don’t align with me either on a moral & ethical level. I wish companies would keep quiet on stances (cause Lord knows sometimes I can use a cup of coffee from brand X and I suffice for my Bustelo instant lol) and just let their employees make a donation only, if they so choose. Everything is political, and I hope it never pollutes the cigar industry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

Post Reply