Well crap...

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Well crap...

Post by Kip » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 pm

So, as y'all know, Monday and/or Tuesday are my days off. This week, it's Tuesday (today). As is often the case, I find myself at home with no power - which means no water pump, no fan, and no internet (not that I'm bitter or anything). So I decided to clean up a few loose ends I've had in the recesses of my mind, like cleaning out some storage areas, minor housework, etc. I've had an irritant in my mind for a while, but have ignored it because I figured it'd work out. But after now exhausting all known possible places for it to be, I have to admit I have lost a duck stamp.

As a young man, I hunted various things - to include ducks, on occasion. The Federal Duck Stamp Act is one of the most successful conservation programs our government has ever implemented. In addition to your regular license, you must buy a federal stamp to hunt waterfowl. They're always beautifully done, with an art competition held to select each year's image. The money goes into conserving and managing the American waterfowl populations, and is very successful. It's a win-win-win.

Well, all my early stamps were signed. The stamp is not valid as a license unless the hunter signs his/her name across the face (so no one can share a license). Somewhere along about 1997, my Mom began to buy me an extra stamp to remain unsigned and kept as a collection....my idea, because I dig the artwork and history, and it's 100% extra money for the ducks, since I didn't use them as license to harvest.

Fast forward to 2015. Despite keeping them together as a unit, I somehow managed to misplace the 2009-2010 stamp when we moved. I've known it was MIA, but just figured it would turn up. I've now finished checking all the places I know of, and throw in the towel. I reckon it's gone.

This isn't really a big deal. I can replace the stamp from an aftermarket dealer. They're not even expensive. I'm just irritated that I lost track of it. One of those bone headed things that tend to get under my skin.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....