Dominican Republic Trip, version 3!

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Dominican Republic Trip, version 3!

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Today I purchased my tickets for the “3rd Annual Stew Goes to the DR to Harass Kip” trip. Dates are January 14-20. Those of you who have too many cigars and want to send some to Kip (as well as most any other small gifts), or unbanded cigars for the show, are welcome to send them to me and I will get them down there. PM for my address and any other info. I will want all items by January 10, please.

More info later. Thanks!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Dominican Republic Trip, version 3!

Post by Kip » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm beyond stoked, even more than the past 2 years Mike. Our stateside trip was short and underfunded for activities last Summer, and many of our regular visitors to Santiago fall into the anti-tobacco group.....so it'll be nice to have an American I have things in common with and can enjoy long conversations about nothing in particular around a domino table and a couple of very small controlled burns. (Well, in addition to Nick. We have regular fireside chats).

Of course, the "helping people" activities are nice as well. I'm just being selfish at the moment. I do that sometimes. Just don't tell any of my more Pharisaic friends :)

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Kip wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:35 pm
I'm beyond stoked, even more than the past 2 years Mike. Our stateside trip was short and underfunded for activities last Summer, and many of our regular visitors to Santiago fall into the anti-tobacco group.....so it'll be nice to have an American I have things in common with and can enjoy long conversations about nothing in particular around a domino table and a couple of very small controlled burns. (Well, in addition to Nick. We have regular fireside chats).

Of course, the "helping people" activities are nice as well. I'm just being selfish at the moment. I do that sometimes. Just don't tell any of my more Pharisaic friends :)

Yeah. Since the day that this trip seemed very likely, I’ve been jazzed for it, too. I’m very glad we have several opportunities that I can “do my thing” with the kids down there, as well the path-work for that older couple we’re going to do. It’ll be a good test of my Spanish language work, too. Oh, and yes, cigars!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Glad to hear! Mikey, I have some unbandeds (at least 1, possibly 2) that I'll need to get in your hands. I'll likely have some random sticks for the Kipper, as well. Humidor gathering before you leave or just a one on one handoff? What's the likelihood you could squeeze either in?

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm

That is really cool Mike. Glad you are getting the chance again.
If I do send cigars, there really is no point, to sending unbandeds as it takes these jokers 2-3 years before they get around to smoking them....no/all jabs intended....
I am going to need your address again, sir ^_^
......4 frickin shows in 2017....................aaaaallllll of 2017...........

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Zedman05 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm
......4 frickin shows in 2017....................aaaaallllll of 2017...........
Not funny when one of the hosts beats you to the same joke :mrgreen:

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:06 pm
Glad to hear! Mikey, I have some unbandeds (at least 1, possibly 2) that I'll need to get in your hands. I'll likely have some random sticks for the Kipper, as well. Humidor gathering before you leave or just a one on one handoff? What's the likelihood you could squeeze either in?
I'm sure. Maybe an early January gathering vs. a quick turnaround during a busy December is better.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 pm
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:06 pm
I'm sure. Maybe an early January gathering vs. a quick turnaround during a busy December is better.
I'd like that.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am

In about 20 hours, I’ll be in my way down to Kipville, Dominican Republic. We have a pretty full week planned visiting the orphanage again and adding few of hisEnglish language classes, as well as spending a day at an elementary school there. I’m supposed to do some music-related stuffs in English/Spanish with them but if we need more time maybe we’ll all just roll some cigars. Okay, perhaps not.
Cigars will definitely be a regular activity, too, including a visit to the LFD factory. I’ll be regularly posting pics again, tho the forum doesn’t like size of my iPhone pics. I’ll try using my iPad as much as I can and will also post a Facebook link to a page of photos, etc.
I believe that we also going to (try to) do a show next Friday evening from down there. Hope to see you all then!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 pm

I was just logging in to comment on how excited I am that you're about to head this way. You stole my thunder.....

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....