Camping

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Camping

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:38 pm

I went camping with the kids (wife will not tent-camp) for their first tenting experience. Was a blast. They played in the lake, rode their bikes on all the trails ( most right beside the lakefront), plyed in the fire with sticks and whittled with knives ( also because Mom wasn't there for the last 2 things).
I found out the hard way that you should check a borrowed tent bag for poles. Layed out an 8 person tent to find no poles with it. Luckily I was smart enough to bring a 4 person tent as backup.
The views were incredible ! We will be going back for sure.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Camping

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 am

Like I said elsewhere, the pictures of that river are amongst the most beautiful I've ever seen. What an experience. Stunning. The one with you and the boy says so many things. You both look happy, stress-free and "in it". Glad you had fun.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 am

100% awesome, Zed. Thanks for posting these fabulous pics!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks. The videos I took make these pics look like garbage in comparison. I cant post them here though.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 am

So, how crowded was it? How warm was it? How bad were the mosquitos? How was the fishing? Where was your spot compared to the river? How long did you have to hike in or did you park right by the tent? How was the weather? How close are you to an airport? To a restaurant (breakfast??)?

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:52 pm

There are 6 walk-in tent sites on the north side of the lake where we stayed. Our friends had 3 other sites out of the 6. You could not see the next site, as they were far enough apart from each other.
The mosquitos were out. I got bit a bunch but wasn't itchy, but they kids were constantly scratching and using that useless afterbite crap that their Mom has trained them to use.
The "river" is on the east side of the lake. It is more akin to a stream tbh.
It is only about a 300 foot hike in, but it is about 150' drop down to the site from the vehicle, which makes for a workout packing in and out...
The site is about 50' off the lake and about 30' up.
Weather was great 23-28 (75-83ish F) all weekend.
It was an hour back to town.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:27 pm

There are 6 walk-in tent sites on the north side of the lake where we stayed. Our friends had 3 other sites out of the 6. You could not see the next site, as they were far enough apart from each other.
The mosquitos were out. I got bit a bunch but wasn't itchy, but they kids were constantly scratching and using that useless afterbite crap that their Mom has trained them to use.
The "river" is on the east side of the lake. It is more akin to a stream tbh.
It is only about a 300 foot hike in, but it is about 150' drop down to the site from the vehicle, which makes for a workout packing in and out...
The site is about 50' off the lake and about 30' up.
Weather was great 23-28 (75-83ish F) all weekend.
It was an hour back to town.