Mono or Allergies?

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Mono or Allergies?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 am

My life for the next month will boil down to a phone call (that's late) from my doctor. I apparently have a 50/50 chance of having Mono. If it's not mono, it's seasonal allergies. I have never once had seasonal allergies. In fact, I've gone so far as to torment my wife with chants about allergies being made up. If the fatigue, body aches, sore throat, chest congestion and horribly weird headaches are truly from allergies, I owe her one helluva apology. I've never had headaches in the back of my head before and the only times I've ever had muscle aches have been accompanied by working out or influenza. I'm regularly a guy who goes to sleep at midnight on weekdays. If I'm up past 10 now it's something rare. What the hell is going on?!

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Re: Mono or Allergies?

Post by f.sinagra » Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 am

I've had mono. It's unlike anything else in the sphere of viruses. If you have really enlarged lymph nodes, barely an appetite, hurts when you swallow -- it's mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia