Other pocket stuff...

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Re: Other pocket stuff...

Post by jledou » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:12 am

I like the idea of the Keysmart holder and I had one from the original kickstarter but unfortunately I ran into too many keys that didn't have a standard hole to work with the post so it became just another item to carry. Maybe one of these days it will come back out of the drawer.

I love the business card holder Craig!

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Other pocket stuff...

Post by IWinchester » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:12 am

Back to this thread, but if any of you wear NATO straps on your watches and want one made of a "breathable performance membrane" that I've been making, hit me up in a message and I'll send those out for freesies!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 am

IWinchester wrote:Back to this thread, but if any of you wear NATO straps on your watches and want one made of a "breathable performance membrane" that I've been making, hit me up in a message and I'll send those out for freesies!

I don't understand a single thing you just said.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 am

He's been making Goretex watch bands but can't call them by that trademarked name. I believe. First I've heard of it, but that's my assumption.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:28 am

Kip wrote:He's been making Goretex watch bands but can't call them by that trademarked name. I believe. First I've heard of it, but that's my assumption.
What the hell is a NATO strap then? I get the goretex copywrite infringement issue now. Thanks for that heads up at leas.t

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Kip wrote:He's been making Goretex watch bands but can't call them by that trademarked name. I believe. First I've heard of it, but that's my assumption.
What the hell is a NATO strap then? I get the goretex copywrite infringement issue now. Thanks for that heads up at leas.t
It's a style of strap that goes through both spring bars and under the watch. That way if a spring bar breaks you don't lose the watch. Also they're adjustable from wrist wear to "over the coat" wear so they're extra long. And stylish. Very stylish

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:59 am

A few more things that make their way into my pocket regularly... The coins are purely sentimental in value, and not utilitarian...which is against my very nature, but it is what it is. They are: a Bicentennial Eisenhower dollar my grandfather gave me when I was wee child (probably around 3yo,since that's how old I was in 1976), a Liberty silver dollar I picked up along the way somewhere and left mixed in with pocket things, and a Christian themed Challenge Coin from a dear friend.

More useful in nature, also pictured is an old mini pocket knife/pipe tamper and pick. I probably have 15 or more nice pipe tampers of various wood, bone, and metal construction - but this one gets 90% of the day to day use. It's just perfect for carrying: compact, light, & well designed. Very efficient and multi-purposed.

The other pocket knife shown is a Hen & Rooster trapper. It's slightly bigger than perfect for my tastes, but I've had it so long it's a part of me now. It also holds a funny memory shared with my grandmother when I first bought it many years ago. I had left it stateside when we moved in fear of losing or having it stolen trying to transport it here. This summer I brought it back with me. If something holds sentimental value and you lock it away out of use, sight, and mind....you've already lost it anyway. Use it and enjoy it. Take the risk.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I like this thread.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 pm

I was rereading this thread and caught this nugget. I can't possibly read this without it being in Jack Burton's voice.....

When I'm in an attic, in 30" of clearance and need to cut out an exhaust duct to a fan that's kinked just above the soffit, I use my small knife. When you drop the knife onto the soffit material 25' in the air and can't reach it, youre f'ed.

Now *THAT'S* something ol' Jack Burton would always say.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 pm

....and if you don't know who Jack Burton is, I'm not sure I can be your friend.