Dominican Republic visit - REDUX!!!

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Dominican Republic visit - REDUX!!!

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Kip wrote:Mike and his trumpet were a huge hit at the orphanage yesterday. He did a couple of mini concerts for some of the kids - and held their attention better than any other person or group we've taken over there. It was "coo." Muy "coo." He was last seen being dragged off into the woods.....

IMG_0717a.JPG
It looks as if he's being distracted by the mob so the one in orange stripes can raid his bag. Get him!

In all seriousness, what a cool cool experience. Those kids will look back on the "white man with the horn" for their entire lifetime. You may even have inspired one of them to invest in the arts. Such a wonderful age and a truly receptive audience. Best thing I've seen from the trip so far. Awesome.
Yeah... There are definitely some wonderful, rewarding moments to be had here. Thanks, Craig, and MUCHAS GRACIAS, KIP!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 pm

They say there are two ways you can REALLY tell who is a serious cigar smoker. One is the size of their butane refill can. The other is the "inventive/creative" (aka "dumb") ways they place or save their half-smoked cigars. Hmm... Do these criteria fit anyone we know??? :-)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (162.62 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (164.17 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:26 am

Beauty again !

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 am

Stewmuse wrote:They say there are two ways you can REALLY tell who is a serious cigar smoker. One is the size of their butane refill can. The other is the "inventive/creative" (aka "dumb") ways they place or save their half-smoked cigars. Hmm... Do these criteria fit anyone we know??? :-)
That first picture is sheer genius. That is, it's genius until he puts it in too far after he's slobbered on it and gets a bit of an electronic correction...

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 am

Nah.... the lighter doesn't work...

Sent from cigar country via smoke signal...
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Awaiting my flight home from Santiago. Some weather issues aside, this has been another eye-opening, informative, and inspirational week with Kip, his friends Nick and William, and their families. You owe to yourselves to make a trip down here and experience it yourselves. You might know someone who help with all the little details. Esta bien!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (126.52 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (372.58 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (204.6 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Stewmuse wrote:Awaiting my flight home from Santiago. Some weather issues aside, this has been another eye-opening, informative, and inspirational week with Kip, his friends Nick and William, and their families. You owe to yourselves to make a trip down here and experience it yourselves. You might know someone who help with all the little details. Esta bien!
Brilliant. Mike, you look genuinely happy. Welcome back tonight. We hope you make it safely.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:10 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:Awaiting my flight home from Santiago. Some weather issues aside, this has been another eye-opening, informative, and inspirational week with Kip, his friends Nick and William, and their families. You owe to yourselves to make a trip down here and experience it yourselves. You might know someone who help with all the little details. Esta bien!
Brilliant. Mike, you look genuinely happy. Welcome back tonight. We hope you make it safely.

2nds on that sentiment :)
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Thanks, men. We'll see, as getting out of Santiago was easy, but I am already delayed 90 minutes with my connection. Wheeeee!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:00 am

Stewmuse wrote:Thanks, men. We'll see, as getting out of Santiago was easy, but I am already delayed 90 minutes with my connection. Wheeeee!
Yay, home! And 26 degrees doesn't feel half bad. Of course, it doesn't feel half good, either...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.