Aguacate

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Aguacate

Post by Kip » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:29 am

I know Craig isn't a fan of the type of avocado that dominates the landscape here (the bigger, non-Hass variety). I wasn't either, until I started eating them regularly. They're never far from hand - in fact, many Dominican women will have one in their purse at any given time. They come out at most meals. I eat them simply cut into strips (some of my Cuban cohorts in Miami like them with a little salt & olive oil, which is also good), or will make guac as well. They're very tame in comparison to the Hass'; their flavor is much more subdued. So, they need something to back them up - like a good spice mix for guac. Anyway, none of this is relevant to the post. I'm just rambling.

I threw a seed into some water to see what would happen. It's been a few weeks, with weekly water changes, but it's now split and has begun to sprout inside. I wonder how long it takes to actually grow into a fruit-bearing tree?
DSC_1332.JPG
DSC_1332.JPG (146.02 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Aguacate

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 am

Well, that cup seems a little small for a root ball but have at it.

I admit, I shuddered when I saw this picture and read what it was about. I hate these things. The only possible answer is "not long enough". My hatred for these things goes so deep that my first thought was that you were storing/buying some old rotted version of what my Cuban family calls "Florida Avocados" for some weird ass Dominican delicacy. Think the mexican corn allowed to grow an edible fungus. I about wretched.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Aguacate

Post by Kip » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:16 am

Xenophobe....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....