Car fixin'

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Car fixin'

Post by Kip » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:41 pm

The given data was conflicting at various steps of the process. At one point, (I believed that) the starter was good, and every step of the ignition circuit was good....but no ability to turn over the engine when installed (no start/no crank). The problem was that the starter would still spin with no load (off the truck), but had no strength to turn under load.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Ahh. I was confused about that. Let's hope for success when reconnecting...

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:00 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:Ahh. I was confused about that. Let's hope for success when reconnecting...

It's a done deal. I'm running, dude.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:06 am

Since I've been messing with the truck, I figured I'd investigate other stuff going on - namely, it's developed a rough idle. A "miss," so to speak. I figured it was in need of a fresh set of plugs, etc. So, I went about checking the old ones. The ones I can access were pretty well shot. Badly, in fact. The others make me hope for the Nissan design engineers be doomed to a lifetime of working on their own engine. Three of the plugs are underneath the manifold and have to be changed blindly - or with the manifold removed. The plugwires have long, rigid extensions to reach through - but the holes they go through are too small to remove the plugs. The YouTube videos I've found make it look pretty arduous, but it has to be done...

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:36 am

Kip wrote:Since I've been messing with the truck, I figured I'd investigate other stuff going on - namely, it's developed a rough idle. A "miss," so to speak. I figured it was in need of a fresh set of plugs, etc. So, I went about checking the old ones. The ones I can access were pretty well shot. Badly, in fact. The others make me hope for the Nissan design engineers be doomed to a lifetime of working on their own engine. Three of the plugs are underneath the manifold and have to be changed blindly - or with the manifold removed. The plugwires have long, rigid extensions to reach through - but the holes they go through are too small to remove the plugs. The YouTube videos I've found make it look pretty arduous, but it has to be done...
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love surly Kip. For such a mild mannered and all around caring soul, you still managed to get flustered by things. For some reason, that's ironically humorous to me :)

Keep it up, my friend. Keep it up.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Nice fix Kip. Glad to hear your troubleshooting worked and you got it fixed a lot cheaper than it could have been.

Cigar F^iend