Dominican visit

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Dominican visit

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Stewmuse wrote:Woo! Just bought my tickets for a trip to Santiago this coming January. I will be contacting some of you privately to see if there might be something you'd like to send down for Kip and/or his family or, even, the show. Stay tuned...
Or, heck, anyone who wants to send something is welcome to private message me about this. Thanks!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 19148 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:58 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:Woo! Just bought my tickets for a trip to Santiago this coming January. I will be contacting some of you privately to see if there might be something you'd like to send down for Kip and/or his family or, even, the show. Stay tuned...
Or, heck, anyone who wants to send something is welcome to private message me about this. Thanks!
This is perfect. I will use you as my mule. I'm sure we'll be ready to exchange again by then. Thanks!

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:35 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:
This is perfect. I will use you as my mule. I'm sure we'll be ready to exchange again by then. Thanks!
Braaaaay! Braaaaaay!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:This is perfect. I will use you as my mule. I'm sure we'll be ready to exchange again by then. Thanks!
Braaaaay! Braaaaaay!

Ugh. The conjures up images of Ned Beatty in Deliverance.....I need mental floss.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Kip wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:This is perfect. I will use you as my mule. I'm sure we'll be ready to exchange again by then. Thanks!
Braaaaay! Braaaaaay!

Ugh. The conjures up images of Ned Beatty in Deliverance.....I need mental floss.
Oh, right... NOW you need mental floss... Dude. You need a mental root canal. :D
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 am

...Just exactly how many cigars do you think you can carry, Stewmuse? I'm kinda using you for my annual supply :)

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 am

Kip wrote:...Just exactly how many cigars do you think you can carry, Stewmuse? I'm kinda using you for my annual supply :)
Not totally sure, but I would guess a couple hundred. my concern would be keeping them protected from baggage handler carelessness. Do you suggest carrying them on the plane or in checked baggage? What issues have you encountered and how did you bypass them?
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:46 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Kip wrote:...Just exactly how many cigars do you think you can carry, Stewmuse? I'm kinda using you for my annual supply :)
Not totally sure, but I would guess a couple hundred :D . my concern would be keeping them protected from baggage handler carelessness. Do you suggest carrying them on the plane or in checked baggage? What issues have you encountered and how did you bypass them?
I shouldn't surpass the "couple hundred" mark. Once you take what I've bought out of all its packaging I think most/all will fit in the 40ct humid that's coming your way. Just remove and throw away the foam dividers (or use them yourself; I don't need any more of them).

If possible, I *always* bring my cigars in my carry-on. I don't trust them to make it through in checked baggage - and have had my fears reinforced by the conversations with TSA folks who've noticed the sheer volume of cigars I"ve transported in carry-ons and told me they wouldn't check them either. But, if there are space concerns I might take a chance.

By the way - DON"T try to bring a torch lighter unless you're willing to part with it. It's against TSA regs - both carry-on AND checked. Over the past couple years I've had several taken, probably about 50% of the time. I was taking the cheap $4 Ronson torches. In any event, we'll have you covered for lighters. You'll never want for fire here..

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:51 am

This is the best I can do for winter, @Stewmuse.....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 am

Damn. That's some good weather right there. I'd take it in a heartbeat.