Movin' On!

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Movin' On!

Post by Kip » Wed May 06, 2015 10:47 pm

I haven't mentioned it on the show yet, but we are very near moving now (finally). After months of dealing with family deaths, brain tumors and personality shortcomings (both Kristi & I are somewhat introverted and have really had to come out of our comfort zones with the whole support-raising thing), we're within weeks of the move.

A few things fell into place the past couple of weeks - including her being asked to take a more advantageous teaching position at the main Christian School in the city. This will give us the opportunity to send our kids there - which is a big deal; it's really the only game in town for an American-accredited, English-taught school but the tuition was a bit more than we were budgeted to cover. Her teaching there will take care of that. We still need to add a bit of ongoing support beyond the first 12 months, but we're in a position to proceed with the move. We have met with the realtor and had the photographer around most of today getting the virtual tour pics taken. It should be "officially" listed before the weekend.

We're hoping to fly out mid-June. I'd like to see the house at least be under contract by then, but if not we can manage the mortgage a couple more months if need be. The market isn't super-favorable, as Tampa is lagging in the recovery; however, housing inventory in our county is somewhat low right now so we're hoping for a quick sale.

All that to say I'm beyond stoked right now. We've been busting our backsides for this for a year, and it's good to see it finally come to fruition. I can't wait to get down there and be a bit more useful - as well as share some of the things behind-the-scenes that will fall into place for Half Ashed. That's right...we have some really cool stuff being put into motion for the show. Seriously cool stuff. Like, never-done-before kinda stuff. Interest piqued yet? :P

Can. Not. Wait....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Re: Movin' On!

Post by Zedman05 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:10 am

Right on Kip. Glad to see everything is getting going. Hope you sell that Palatial Estate soon. I "recon" that it is a bit harder to sell mansions these days, with the market not at an all time high.
Glad to hear that your wife and kids will have something to look forward to as well.
Wishing you the best !

One question though; how the hell are we going to get unbandeds to you now !!?? :D

Cigar F^iend

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 am

This is really great, Kip. I'm happy to be part of your "support team" in this venture and have a "proposal" for you down the road, about which I'll contact you privately. You are a great man!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: RE: Re: Movin' On!

Post by Kip » Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 am

Zedman05 wrote:One question though; how the hell are we going to get unbandeds to you now !!?? :D

I will have a complex system of "mules" that can bring things back and forth :)

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: RE: Re: Movin' On!

Post by Kip » Thu May 07, 2015 7:50 am

Stewmuse wrote:This is really great, Kip. I'm happy to be part of your "support team" in this venture and have a "proposal" for you down the road, about which I'll contact you privately. You are a great man!
Oooh! A mysterious proposition.... :)

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu May 07, 2015 7:53 am

The toughest part of this is that it's dang near impossible to buy Fuente in the DR because of the zona franca production. It can be done, but usually at a premium. Good thing I'm taking a healthy supply down with me....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu May 07, 2015 11:13 am

That's awesome news! It's been fun following 4fishers and I look forward to a lot more of it!

Kid Corona

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri May 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Lookin' like June 24 will be our drop date....

magste
Thor Down Under

Post by magste » Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 am

Good luck Kip. Glad to hear you're finally ready to go :mrgreen:

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:18 am

Kip wrote:Lookin' like June 24 will be our drop date....
A rather important day!!