2014. A year of extremes...

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: 2014. A year of extremes...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:05 am

This is a tough one for me. I am not one to shrug off an opportunity to be real and this post was not forgotten. I truly just needed some time to marinade in my thoughts.

2014 was a good year for the Schneiders. Liam started off pretty sick but quickly received the needed treatment and showed me that even in your worst days, smiles and laughter can provide the needed relief. Work sucked for about 7 months but then provided me one of the two biggest professional accomplishments I've ever completed. I am not long for this position, as it eats me up and I've realized that I am not strong enough mentally to handle it. That being said, It hasn't "ruined my day" more than 4 or 5 times since August. I know there are some of you out there that believe a job should never have that power and you're right. What I'm telling you is that I've learned a bit more to leave work at the office and home always in your heart. I'm not a pro at it (thus the monthly shit days) but it's a lot better than it was early in '14.

I look to 2015 in a positive light because I truly have no real issues I'm hoping the new year will eliminate. Tough professional situations, hell, that's not a real problem (at least not in my case). A real problem is one like Kip has. Real problems are foreclosure, death, divorce, child custody, persecution, imprisonment, rights violations, illness, hatred. I'm a fortunate person. I don't have to deal with those. I'm looking for my life to get better rather than just getting "good".

Maybe I'm just an optimistic guy and my life does have a lot of rocky straits in it. I don't know. Frankly, I don't care. If I view it as being a blessed existence, by God, that's what I'm lucky enough to have. Hell, I'm lucky enough to have a partner in Half Ashed that will proofread my rambling articles and pick out the words that he doesn't really think I meant to use (e.g. dissent: descent).

Life is good, or at least the lenses through which I view life are good. Count your blessings folks instead of sheep, folks. Bing Crosby was right. It's a great way to end each and every day.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5CqOKkiGM[/youtube]

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: 2014. A year of extremes...

Post by IWinchester » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm with you, Craig. Life is good for me and my family. Sure things could be better and life is full of drama at times, but overall I can't complain.
My big plans for 2015 include figuring out the logistics and financing to start a cigar lounge. Kinda tricky considering everything that's going on with the FDA, plus Montana has some crappy taxes and a smoking ban I have to dance around. Yet even all that will be small potatoes when it's all said and done.
All in all I thank God every day for my life. And for a group of guys like y'all on this forum specifically. I've never met any of you, yet there is a bond of friendship that flows through this site. Thanks guys, and God bless and best wishes for this year.

Kid Corona