What are doing this weekend?

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 pm

My son has his first lacrosse game, my wife and I are going to get a round of golf in and dinner without the kids, and their is rumored that I’ll be sent to the cigar store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: What are doing this weekend?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 am

Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 pm
My son has his first lacrosse game, my wife and I are going to get a round of golf in and dinner without the kids, and their is rumored that I’ll be sent to the cigar store.

I believe, and there is no other way of saying this, that I'm jealous of you with every fiber of my being. I don't covet much but I might just rename myself Cabaiguan.

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:57 am

How about Guapo? That’s one that no one ever seems to pick.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 pm

My wife and I are celebrating our 11th anniversary. I have a Padron 1964 that I bought 12 years ago to smoke to celebrate it. I’ll also probably have to do some house shit too but that’s the life of a home owner. Oh and older son has his second lacrosse game, which I’m stoked about having played lacrosse for a large part of my life.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 am

Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 pm
My wife and I are celebrating our 11th anniversary.
Congratulations! That's a noteworthy achievement.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:34 am

We finished up our final graduation in the prison yesterday, so I'm on break from now through our stateside trip. I'll be getting stuff together over the weekend, pre-planning the packing (taking a family of 4 on a month-long trip using bargain airlines with low weight allowance and high charges per bag makes packing 'interesting'. We fly to Florida on Thursday and drive on through to TN the week after.

Every year that goes by, I seem more - but differently - excited to make our pilgrimage back to the U.S. Admittedly, there have been years where my desire to go to the states was overshadowed by my desire to simply get out of this country. This year, I'm genuinely excited to visit both Florida and Tennessee friends/family and not overly stressed/frustrated with the DR. I don't have a huge list of speaking commitments on this trip and can relax a bit more than normal as well. I've historically been a complete nervous wreck when faced with public speaking and fretted through the bulk of our return trips about it; having to do frequently do it now in Spanish has smelted a lot of that dross out of me and made me far more comfortable with it in English.

So, in summary: Work is done for the next 5 weeks. Less background frustration with the Dominican Republic. More anticipation of being in the USA for a while (it may be consumed by political correctness and peoples' panties in wads over silly stuff, but there's nowhere like it in my book). Less stress from having to speak to large groups. I'm stoked.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:57 pm

Kip wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:34 am
We finished up our final graduation in the prison yesterday, so I'm on break from now through our stateside trip. I'll be getting stuff together over the weekend, pre-planning the packing (taking a family of 4 on a month-long trip using bargain airlines with low weight allowance and high charges per bag makes packing 'interesting'. We fly to Florida on Thursday and drive on through to TN the week after.

Every year that goes by, I seem more - but differently - excited to make our pilgrimage back to the U.S. Admittedly, there have been years where my desire to go to the states was overshadowed by my desire to simply get out of this country. This year, I'm genuinely excited to visit both Florida and Tennessee friends/family and not overly stressed/frustrated with the DR. I don't have a huge list of speaking commitments on this trip and can relax a bit more than normal as well. I've historically been a complete nervous wreck when faced with public speaking and fretted through the bulk of our return trips about it; having to do frequently do it now in Spanish has smelted a lot of that dross out of me and made me far more comfortable with it in English.

So, in summary: Work is done for the next 5 weeks. Less background frustration with the Dominican Republic. More anticipation of being in the USA for a while (it may be consumed by political correctness and peoples' panties in wads over silly stuff, but there's nowhere like it in my book). Less stress from having to speak to large groups. I'm stoked.
Very glad to see that you'll be able to enjoy the return "home." Getting a break - from any profession or big responsibility - is a good thing. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time stateside!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Kip wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:34 am

Mike took the words right out of my mouth. Wonderful to hear, my friend. I'll look forward to catching up over a real internet conenction sometime this month :lol:

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Raising a thread from the grave ... but it fits.

Heading back out to see my parents this weekend for the first time since Christmas of 2019. Hope everyone is doing well and you all have a great and safe weekend.