Big Day

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Re: Big Day

Post by jledou » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:29 am

Can't imagine the amount of stress and excitement going through your house right now. I hope you can embrace the excitement and forget some of the stress.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Big Day

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm

As Kip certainly knows, and many of the forum-folk may also, the opportunities that I’ve had in the DR, largely through Kip and his family’s generosity and hospitality, are some of the most-treasured I’ve ever experienced. Working through Kip, being able to meet, interact with, and even entertain dozens of people in the northern sections of the country has been rewarding on several levels. You don’t really know a people or culture until you’ve experienced them or it first hand. Not that I’m an expert, here.

It’s through people like Kip, and opportunities afforded through him, that I have been able to see a different side of this world. A distinctively non-American and certainly less privileged way of life, but one that shows that people everywhere want to have the opportunity to be happy, to love, and to be loved. Life can be, really, that simple.

When, on my first visit (or, perhaps, the lead-up to), Kip asked me why I wanted to visit him, my response was that I thought that the fewer unhappy people there were in the world, the better off we’d all be. My visits there have not dissuaded me from this idea. So, thank you, Kip, Kristy, Kendal, and Kaleb, for allowing me to disrupt your lives four times, and for the friendships and experiences I gained in your company.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.