Big Day

Non-tobacco related posts...whatever topic your heart desires.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Big Day

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:43 pm

815DC wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am
Actually, you could probably cherry pick some of the stuff you put here and put it in a little daily blog on the site...
You know what, this is an absolutely fantastic idea. In the past 12 months I bet you've got 30 posts in this thread, many of which are informative and illuminating. Reading back through this collection of thoughts is a great idea. Don't be afraid to bring the tobacconia (sp?) into it a bit too. I think the pops of personality speakers keep in their speech always connected more to me than their requests or facts ever could. Relate to them and they'll undoubtedly support you in some fashion. You're not a polarizing dude. In fact, it's nearly impossible not to like you! :lol:

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:23 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
815DC wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am
Actually, you could probably cherry pick some of the stuff you put here and put it in a little daily blog on the site...
You know what, this is an absolutely fantastic idea. In the past 12 months I bet you've got 30 posts in this thread, many of which are informative and illuminating. Reading back through this collection of thoughts is a great idea. Don't be afraid to bring the tobacconia (sp?) into it a bit too. I think the pops of personality speakers keep in their speech always connected more to me than their requests or facts ever could. Relate to them and they'll undoubtedly support you in some fashion. You're not a polarizing dude. In fact, it's nearly impossible not to like you! Image
Maybe some day. I'd have to get in a pissy mood. I've grown almost silent in public posting outside this forum. Facebook is little more than a Dominican news service to me. Twitter is nothing more than an automated feed for Half Ashed posts. I do occasionally put up an Instagram image. Too much flak. Between snooty "Christians" who look down their nose at me for being a still-faulted person and those outside the faith trawling for reasons to decry my hypocrisy, it's just not worth my saying much in text in a public arena. I do better with WhatsApp, email, and in-person conversation. I tend to be pretty introverted anyway. It's funny how social media has amped that up. :)

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:25 am

815DC wrote:
Did you get the Fishers website updated a bit before heading out Kip? People will probably want to go there after meeting you/hearing you speak. I suppose I could have just looked myself, but you know, lazy. :)

Regrettably, not yet. I'm now creating two other sites for other ministries and managing a third, so my web time has been eaten up by them. I'm trying to get all caught up while we're on break.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:13 pm

I have to say, I love the United States. Looking back I would have always said such....but in reality I under appreciated this country. I love the convenience. The ease of travel and mobility. The fact that I don't generally have to worry about being shaken down by the police or military for whatever cash I'm carrying. Everything.

It has its problems, but there's nowhere else like it.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Kip wrote:I have to say, I love the United States. Looking back I would have always said such....but in reality I under appreciated this country. I love the convenience. The ease of travel and mobility. The fact that I don't generally have to worry about being shaken down by the police or military for whatever cash I'm carrying. Everything.

Canada. Canada is verymuch like it, but more laid back and not as scary...... just sayin Image

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:37 am

Zedman05 wrote:
Kip wrote:I have to say, I love the United States. Looking back I would have always said such....but in reality I under appreciated this country. I love the convenience. The ease of travel and mobility. The fact that I don't generally have to worry about being shaken down by the police or military for whatever cash I'm carrying. Everything.

Canada. Canada is verymuch like it, but more laid back and not as scary...... just sayin Image
....and way the heck too cold.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:39 am

We head to TN this evening. Bittersweet. More bitter than sweet. Happy to see our families, but we've been gone from TN for nigh-on 20 years. Our connections there are fairly loose at this point. Would like more time in FL.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Kip wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:39 am
We head to TN this evening. Bittersweet. More bitter than sweet. Happy to see our families, but we've been gone from TN for nigh-on 20 years. Our connections there are fairly loose at this point. Would like more time in FL.

I hear ya. I’m heading back to Ohio for my Pop’s 80th birthday and my 35th HS Reunion next week. Most of the folks I’ll encounter I won’t have seen for at least 30 of those years. Should be... interesting. It’s a pretty conservative town and area. I should get some piercings, an extreme makeover, and go as a chick. Just for kicks, ya know...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 am

Made it back to Santiago last night. Had a Chogüi when I got unpacked. It was especially good - presumably because I had a fresh palate after a day of traveling (no smoking and very little food all day).

Time to go dig up something pipey for the afternoon....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 am

By the way....the only thing unaccounted for in our baggage is.....my $&#@ new Xikar scissors. I'm hoping it turns up loose somewhere, but we'll see. I probably dropped the thing somewhere while packing / unpacking / traveling around Miami. I don't think it was taken, as there were other more desirable things in that bag. I'm sure it just got lost in the shuffle because it's very small and wasn't yet attached to a keyring or bigger item.