GLPease Virginia Cream

Tell us about that new blend you're in love with...or the old one you can't live without.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

GLPease Virginia Cream

Post by Kip » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:00 am

I finally, after many Pease blends, found one I don't like - and I don't like it *a lot*. I'll come back when I have more time and fill in the blanks, but suffice it to say I'll not be buying any more Virginia Cream. It sounds delicious. It comes from probably the most reputable pipe tobacco blender alive today. I bought it knowing it had a bit of a topping on it, but it's more than I bargained for. The topping comes across as astringent to me, rather than what I expect from GLP. The topping seems "hollow" because the tobacco doesn't stand up to it with flavor. The 1st bowl bit my tongue like a rabid badger. I figured it was maybe a bit moist, so I put some out on a dish and let it dry. Same result. Other Pease blends with a rum topping are very well done and only lightly flavored. This one, in my opinion, is too heavy handed for the tobaccos in use. Y'all know I'm the biggest GLP fanboy around, but this one is not for me.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....