IPSD 2019

Whatcha have? Whatcha know? Whatcha do?
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

IPSD 2019

Post by Kip » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:51 pm

It's that time of year again. How'd y'all celebrate International Pipe Smoking Day?

I'm beat from busy-ness but recovering. I am making time to enjoy a bowl of GLP Caravan in an old GBD. Image

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Re: IPSD 2019

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Enjoying some old school Five Brothers in my Grandpa's old 55+ year old Weber I had refinished. On this #IPSD2019. He passed away the year before I was born. Wish I could share some of this with him. Mom says it was some of his favorite, when he could afford it. Mostly smoked home grown I hear.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 pm

Happy IPSD 2019. I’m having a bowl of GL Pease Telegraph Hill in a Savinelli Caramella 602

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smoke on!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm

BowhuntnHoosier wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 pm
Enjoying some old school Five Brothers in my Grandpa's old 55+ year old Weber I had refinished. On this #IPSD2019. He passed away the year before I was born. Wish I could share some of this with him. Mom says it was some of his favorite, when he could afford it. Mostly smoked home grown I hear.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
My gosh that old generation was amazing. They've got their share of issues, no doubt, but growing and curing their own tobacco is crazy commitment. I'm pretty sure I'd have given it up instead of grown it myself. Amazing.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Most of my family smoked their own home grown tobacco, but it was because most everyone in my neck of the woods grew tobacco as all/part of their income (so it just made sense because it was always at hand and cheap). I still have a twist of tobacco that my grandfather had left on his cabinet before he died - 33 years ago. It's a dried up crispy relic, but it still sticks around my eclectic mix of junk I've hung on to all these years.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Kip wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 pm
Most of my family smoked their own home grown tobacco, but it was because most everyone in my neck of the woods grew tobacco as all/part of their income (so it just made sense because it was always at hand and cheap). I still have a twist of tobacco that my grandfather had left on his cabinet before he died - 33 years ago. It's a dried up crispy relic, but it still sticks around my eclectic mix of junk I've hung on to all these years.
This is exceptionally awesome.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Kip wrote:
Now that I dig around for this old pic, I feel a bit of deja vu like I've mentioned this or posted the pic in the past. Forgive me if so. I have a tumor....

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Well I am finally getting this post up. I was a day late for IPSD 2019 but had a Yello Bole of Nording's Labrador packed in the living room and smoked on a windy day out back. IPSD should really wait for the weather to clear up more :P
Attachments
DSCI0107.JPG
DSCI0107.JPG (149.33 KiB) Viewed 12059 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:38 am

Kip wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Kip wrote:
Now that I dig around for this old pic, I feel a bit of deja vu like I've mentioned this or posted the pic in the past. Forgive me if so. I have a tumor....

Never before and absolutely stunning. That looks like a mega culebra cigar, not pipe tobacco.