Pipe today and weird tax stuff...

Whatcha have? Whatcha know? Whatcha do?
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Pipe today and weird tax stuff...

Post by Kip » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am

So I'm smoking a pipe this morning. Marlin Flake in an early Rad Davis freehand if you're curious, but that's not what has my attention. I bought a pkg of boxed matches before Irma in case we needed them. Today, I'm lighting my pipe with some of them. When I opened up the package, I noticed every little box has a tax stamp applied to it. It assures me that the 4 centavo tax has been paid to the Dominican government for the production of these matches. 4 centavos. Not pesos. Centavos. That is about 8/100ths of an American penny. The freaking paper used to print the tax seal costs probably well over the tax paid.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Pipe today and weird tax stuff...

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Kip wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am
So I'm smoking a pipe this morning. Marlin Flake in an early Rad Davis freehand if you're curious, but that's not what has my attention. I bought a pkg of boxed matches before Irma in case we needed them. Today, I'm lighting my pipe with some of them. When I opened up the package, I noticed every little box has a tax stamp applied to it. It assures me that the 4 centavo tax has been paid to the Dominican government for the production of these matches. 4 centavos. Not pesos. Centavos. That is about 8/100ths of an American penny. The freaking paper used to print the tax seal costs probably well over the tax paid.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
Yeah, but when you make and sell 400,000,000 if them, that does add up!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.