Whats in your bowl?

Whatcha have? Whatcha know? Whatcha do?
815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Re: Whats in your bowl?

Post by 815DC » Wed May 23, 2018 2:17 am

Welp the forums have been pretty dead lately ceptin this here pipe thread. Hopefully Ian, Franky, Star, Quick, and everyone else that got monickers find their way back and start posting again. In the meantime I finally busted open this tin of Labrador that had been resting in a tupperdore with pipes for a few years now. (3 at least..probly closer to 5). Had a bowl of it on the back porch in the (avert your gaze purists) Brylon Yellow Bowl pipe I used to keep for lazy days at work. Sturdy and cheap so no big loss if it got forgotten or whatevs. The tobacco reminded me of coffee with French vanilla creamer.
Attachments
DSCI0003.JPG
DSCI0003.JPG (133.35 KiB) Viewed 13203 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed May 23, 2018 6:21 am

There are many detractors of the failed Brylon experiment all those years ago, but it has one big advantage....when it gets dirty you can simply throw it in a dishwasher to clean it. Try that with a typical briar (seriously, don't). :D
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Wed May 23, 2018 8:28 am

Love the cob. I smoke cobs most of the time. Really diggin the logo on the baccy. And I really enjoy a good french vanilla latte from time to time(don't judge me). Good to see the action picking up in here. Starting to think I am a pipe smoker that occasionally smokes cigars. Oh how times change. Enjoy
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Another new blend. This burley blend is packed full of flavor and nice and smooth.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu May 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Still working on this delicious Escudo, today in an early 30's KW shank-logo SuperGrain Canadian.... Image

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Thu May 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Kip wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:18 pm
Still working on this delicious Escudo, today in an early 30's KW shank-logo SuperGrain Canadian.... Image

I have only smoked one bowl of my Escudo. Need to revisit. That pipe is very interesting looking. Does the extra length of the shank help keep the smoke cool?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm

There are many people who'd say so. I'm not one of them. I don't think that extra inch does much to cool the smoke - you can make more difference by altering your cadence, etc. It's just another shape to me. This particular shape is called a Canadian, FWIW. The Canadian is defined by its length (usually in the 7"+ range), generalized "billiard" shape (another shape name), and oval shank cross section.

There used to be a school of thought about selecting the right pipe shape based on your face, if you can believe it. Some tobacconists would lead you toward straight/bent, size differences, and shape based on which what they thought you'd be best suited for, or which just "looks right" for you. Go figure.

Maybe there's some redeeming but of anesthetic merit there. I consider it pure hokum, which is why my collection is so wildly eclectic. Or, maybe it's just because I don't look right with any of them.

Meh. Either way, I'm old enough not to give two hot squirts what most people think of me.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am

Getting ready to fire up a little more Escudo.Image

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Sun May 27, 2018 9:31 am

Finishing up my first bowl of Chatham Manor of the day in my new Savinelli. Very nice smoke

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 am

Enjoying a good burley flake. Needed to dry a little more.