Show us yer....pipes

Whatcha have? Whatcha know? Whatcha do?
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Show us yer....pipes

Post by Kip » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 am

I needed to sort out some pipes today and grabbed a few pics of those I have here with me in the DR. There are about as many more in Florida, of which most are a collection of Sterncrest pipes I painstakingly put together over many years. I may drag them out and bring some back on our trip in.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Re: Show us yer....pipes

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Kip wrote:I needed to sort out some pipes today and grabbed a few pics of those I have here with me in the DR. There are about as many more in Florida, of which most are a collection of Sterncrest pipes I painstakingly put together over many years. I may drag them out and bring some back on our trip in.

Now thats just crazy. I think you have a problem. lol. Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:33 pm

My grandpa on moms side passed away 1 year before I was born. These are his pipes. A Viking,Weber,and of course a Dr Grabow. By the way I was born in 1968 so they have some age on them.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:26 pm

BowhuntnHoosier wrote:
Kip wrote:I needed to sort out some pipes today and grabbed a few pics of those I have here with me in the DR. There are about as many more in Florida, of which most are a collection of Sterncrest pipes I painstakingly put together over many years. I may drag them out and bring some back on our trip in.

Now thats just crazy. I think you have a problem. lol. Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

I no longer have a problem. I sold more than half the collection, and only moved about half the remainder down here. So, the 50 or so pictured is all I'm counting. You don't have to count the ones that reside in a different country. :)

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Kip wrote:
BowhuntnHoosier wrote:

I no longer have a problem. I sold more than half the collection, and only moved about half the remainder down here. So, the 50 or so pictured is all I'm counting. You don't have to count the ones that reside in a different country. :)

Variety is a good problem to have though.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:42 am

Looking up into Slagle's closet. I left my stash with him and two other friends in Florida, so here's a third of it. I'm going to dig out some gems and return with them, hoping Customs doesn't take issue.... Image

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:59 am

I brought these guys back home from FL, to join the herd.... Image

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:00 pm

....and these guys.... Image

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:20 pm

Of particular note is this little LHS lovat*. Based on the LHS logo, hand-threaded bone tenon, and its "Redmanol" stamping, it had to have been manufactured before 1922, making it at the very least 96 years old. It has been smoked, but is in amazingly good condition. Crisp nomenclature, perfect fit/finish/boring, no significant dings. If I had to nitpick, the grain isn't especially beautiful and the walls are a bit thin....but neither bothers me. I really dig it, and only had left it behind because it's part of a large, brand-specific collection. I decided to forego keeping it all together so that I can enjoy some of the included pipes.

* - I called this a lovat. It's too short for a Canadian; doesn't have a saddle bit like a lovat; doesn't have a round shank like a Liverpool. It's a hybrid ish shape. Short Canadian is probably more accurate.

ImageImage

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Got some Missou Meers in the mail this week. 1 hardwood and a cob. The cob had a chunk out of the drawhole of the stem in the bowl and some xtra glue kinda all over it... I think it will still smoke ok. The hardwood pipe is very handsome on the other hand and was $1 cheaper.
Attachments
100_0119.JPG
100_0119.JPG (95.4 KiB) Viewed 16441 times
100_0117.JPG
100_0117.JPG (104.93 KiB) Viewed 16441 times
100_0120.JPG
100_0120.JPG (96.47 KiB) Viewed 16441 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?