The Humidor

Post any cigar related events going on in your area....you never know who might show up!
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

The Humidor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 am

Last evening I met up with six other cigar enthusiasts, including Mr. Schneider, for our (mostly) monthly gathering at The Humidor in Westmont, IL. Pretty nice place, tho not luxurious, with two big smoking rooms, various leather chair, couch, and table combinations, and good-sized humidor filled with Tatuaje, My Father, Davidoff, Camacho, Fuente, LFD, Zino, Graycliff, and numerous other lines. The main guy, Tim, and his staff are very attentive, refilling beverages (you bring your own supply that they keep behind the bar), emptying ashtrays, and are super resonable. It's a great place to have relatively close to widespread circle of friends. These 3 soldiers gave their all last night...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (136.98 KiB) Viewed 17911 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: The Humidor

Post by IWinchester » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:02 am

Sounds fun. I'm gonna try to make it to Chicago, maybe February. We should definitely hang out!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:33 am

IWinchester wrote:Sounds fun. I'm gonna try to make it to Chicago, maybe February. We should definitely hang out!
Oh, man Ian! You HAVE to come visit. We'll have a blast and I guarantee you have free reign at anything in my humidor. I'm sure you'll have family things you're involved in but I would dig sharing a smoke at least once.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:38 am

Stewmuse wrote:Last evening I met up with six other cigar enthusiasts, including Mr. Schneider, for our (mostly) monthly gathering at The Humidor in Westmont, IL. Pretty nice place, tho not luxurious, with two big smoking rooms, various leather chair, couch, and table combinations, and good-sized humidor filled with Tatuaje, My Father, Davidoff, Camacho, Fuente, LFD, Zino, Graycliff, and numerous other lines. The main guy, Tim, and his staff are very attentive, refilling beverages (you bring your own supply that they keep behind the bar), emptying ashtrays, and are super resonable. It's a great place to have relatively close to widespread circle of friends. These 3 soldiers gave their all last night...
Mr.Stewart is correct! It's a great gathering place for friends and cigar acquaintances alike. He has been nice enough to make me a regular part of these trumpet playing, cigar smoking cronies, for which I am thankful. We had terrific conversation about cigars, family, politics, women and other topics I'm sure I've forgotten. It was a lovely time. Other than during the conversation about the President-Elect, which seemed to be polarizing (who'd have thought?) we enjoyed more than our fair share of laughter. If you're coming to the Chicago area, be sure to let us know ahead of time so we can plan a gathering.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:22 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
IWinchester wrote:Sounds fun. I'm gonna try to make it to Chicago, maybe February. We should definitely hang out!
Oh, man Ian! You HAVE to come visit. We'll have a blast and I guarantee you have free reign at anything in my humidor. I'm sure you'll have family things you're involved in but I would dig sharing a smoke at least once.
I'll keep ya'll posted. Plus, I'm (hopefully) coming alone so I should be able to hang out whenever it's convenient. A face2face with you and Michael would be an amazingly fun time!

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:52 pm

IWinchester wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:
I'll keep ya'll posted. Plus, I'm (hopefully) coming alone so I should be able to hang out whenever it's convenient. A face2face with you and Michael would be an amazingly fun time!
Well, it MIGHT be fun. Ya never really know, but we'll try! :-)
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Had another small gathering last night, with just six of us (eventually) plus a drive-by Craig sighting as he dropped off some stuff for Kip. BTW, just one more week if you have any sticks you want sent down to him (PM me for an address). This is a nice lounge with great, friendly staff.
Attachments
Cigars1-18.jpg
Cigars1-18.jpg (101.71 KiB) Viewed 17525 times
Humidor1-18.jpg
Humidor1-18.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 17525 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am

A similar gathering last night at The Humidor. The Tat petite lancero was awesome.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (101 KiB) Viewed 17424 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.72 KiB) Viewed 17424 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Nice !
Even better that you got Kurt to take the pic....oh wait, he isn't allowed out to play on a week night...

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 am

Zedman05 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 pm
Nice !
Even better that you got Kurt to take the pic....oh wait, he isn't allowed out to play on a week night...
He was scheduled to come out but says he forgot, so...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.