At Las Tres Reinas....again

Post any cigar related events going on in your area....you never know who might show up!
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

At Las Tres Reinas....again

Post by Kip » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:05 am

We ran over to Las Tres Reinas again tonight, for a Caldwell Cigars event. It was very low key and relaxed. I had a chance to char with him (Richard Caldwell) at length. I only bought 2 cigars....but won a box of his "The King is Dead" sticks. For a missionary budget, a $250 box of cigars is a healthy influx :)

That's Raquel Quesada at left (this is the shop owned by the Quesada family), and Robert is the tall dude beside me. I didn't catch the other gent's name.

...sent by smoke signal from Cigar Country
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: At Las Tres Reinas....again

Post by Kip » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:01 am

Also, #HalfAshed is on the wall!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:05 am

You ahve a beautiful signature. Odd to think, even odder to tell someone.

It's funny you were just there. I was thinking after reading the Halfwheel review that you need to develop an opinion about Chogoui (SP?). I'm totally intrigued by their initial release because of the wrapper. I've never heard of the particular varietal of Habano being used. In 06 I believe Cubatabac was just using Caparo Uno; the first successful varietal that was not truly heirloom. I wonder if the seed which bred that crop was from a private farmer's non-government supplied yield. That would put it along the line of Pelo de Oro. FWIW, I believe Vuelta Arriba is where the Cuban Guantanamera comes (came? Discontinued now??) from. I don't believe any other cigars publicly get their tobacco from this province.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: RE: Re: At Las Tres Reinas....again

Post by Kip » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:You ahve a beautiful signature.
Weirdest thing said to me in quite some time.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: RE: Re: At Las Tres Reinas....again

Post by Kip » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote: you need to develop an opinion about Chogoui (SP?). I'm totally intrigued by their initial release because of the wrapper. I've never heard of the particular varietal of Habano being used. In 06 I believe Cubatabac was just using Caparo Uno; the first successful varietal that was not truly heirloom. I wonder if the seed which bred that crop was from a private farmer's non-government supplied yield. That would put it along the line of Pelo de Oro. FWIW, I believe Vuelta Arriba is where the Cuban Guantanamera comes (came? Discontinued now??) from. I don't believe any other cigars publicly get their tobacco from this province.
Workin' on it. 3 Reinas purportedly has Chogui, but I have yet to find them on the shelf. As for that original release, they're long gone. It was a very short run. The new Dos77 is probably the only thing to be found these days.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:57 am

I just noticed how massive Robert Caldwell is. It takes some effort to make my Co-Host look tiny. Yowza!