Palio Lighter

Write 'em up, boys....give us your advice on your favorite/least favorite cigars, accessories, or pairings...
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Palio Lighter

Post by Kip » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 pm

I got this joker to work!! I noticed the spark was going backward when it was struck. So, a little creativity got the little piezo nozzle pointed downward et voila! Working lighter!
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

I had an old colibri T-rex with the same issue 14 years ago. Amazing how a minute change makes all the difference!

You've been Tapatalk'd

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:36 am

Update on this:

It's been working properly ever since I got the little firing mechanism lined up properly. Not especially happy still that I had to tinker with it, but honestly I'd written it off so I'm happy for a working lighter. I was NOT going to send it back and raise my investment by 40% to cover shipping roundtrip.

All this being said, the flame control and intensity on this lighter is dang near perfect. It is strong enough to throw fire where you need it, and the stream is wide enough to quickly light a cigar. I have to say, now that it's working it is by far the most efficient light I've ever achieved. I can quickly get a cigar evenly toasted without char from trying to ignite resistant areas. A+ for effectiveness (when it works),
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:56 pm

I still want one. They're high on my "don't need it. Want it." list.