Bands of 'ol

Write 'em up, boys....give us your advice on your favorite/least favorite cigars, accessories, or pairings...
Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Bands of 'ol

Post by Zedman05 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Found this little pile of bands from probably around 6 years ago. Interesting to see some of the stuff I have smoked through. There were some good memories from those bands. Friends I haven't seen in a while, times I spent with others, my Nicaragua Cigar Tourism trip.

Just wondering if anyone else holds onto bands in yearly increments too ? I think I have everything from the last 4 or 5 years in a row. Image

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Bands of 'ol

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 am

Except for my album of unique bands (keeping track of the different cigars I’ve smoked over the years) I gave up on band collecting a year ago after my last “Guess How Many” contest. I was over a 1000 bands and just didn’t see a reason for continuing it. I do like your idea, though.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 am

That's a pretty cool old collection! I bet I can see a few memories in there, for sure. I don't keep annual breakdowns but my "favorite" collection is always fun to look through. Always.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:56 pm

There were Chonook Cellars and Elogios as well as other stuff that brought back Dog Watch memories. It was a nice little find above the kitchen sink cupboard when I used to smoke 1-2 cigars a week in my truck on the driveway. I would come in and put the band up there. Heh.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Very cool! I've got a few gallon bags full that I'm sure* I'll do something with eventually...