Recent pairings August 2014

Write 'em up, boys....give us your advice on your favorite/least favorite cigars, accessories, or pairings...
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Recent pairings August 2014

Post by Kip » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:23 pm

I may have mentioned this on the show before, but I have picked up a regular habit from Bob McDuffee. He's mentioned on a few occasions that he likes the Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo as an early morning cigar. I have fallen in love with that cigar early in the a.m. with a cup or two of coffee. For some, it packs a nicotine wallop, but doesn't really hit me that way. This cigar and a bold cup of plain, black coffee seem to really play nice for me.

What about the rest of you? Anything you're loving these days?
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Recent pairings August 2014

Post by IWinchester » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm

My wife has been making a sweet sun tea out of black tea. She adds just a little bit of vanilla to it that just brings a wonderful complexity tithe tea. It pairs really well with just about every cigar I've smoked with it. The trick is the vanilla...

Kid Corona

Steve D.
Piper in Progress

Re: Recent pairings August 2014

Post by Steve D. » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Just finished a batch of homemade pyment (mead (honey wine) with fruit). This one was a pinot noir and orange blossom pyment. Will improve with age, but even in its youth it has great dark fruit flavors and an off dry finish. Goes great with a cigar. The aromatic complexity brings out the complexity in a cigar. Sweetness also combats the nicotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk