Chigringo Reloaded

Write 'em up, boys....give us your advice on your favorite/least favorite cigars, accessories, or pairings...
815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Chigringo Reloaded

Post by 815DC » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:04 am

Ok so here I am the survivor of not only the original Chigringo but now the Chigringo 2.0 (reloaded) as well!

I received the coveted corona from Craig with the agreement that I would review the cigar here so lets get started:

The cigar is a corona of sorts my Chigringo was 5.5x? I don't know the diameter of the cigar and was kept around 60% humidity. The Conneticut (?) wrapper had a very faint smell of cheerios and the foot had a sweet smell to it. I cut into it with a V cutter and lit it up!

In the first inch the cigar was VERY mild ..to the point were I worried if I would be saying the cigar was just going to be hot air. (Appropriate for Craig but c'mon)
Fortunately I was able to pick out some light spice on the retro and the smoke had some creamy quality to it is all I can say.

Moving on towards half way the cigar became pretty much what it was for me. It picked up a coffee flavor (especially prevalent on the retro) and would have notes of toasted oats (there are those cheerios).

In all the cigar burned great with the dominant flavors of this soft spoken corona being roasted coffee and toasted oats. As noted these flavors came in 1/2 way and stayed until the end. I should note almost all flavor came from this cigar on the retro and finish and the smoke itself was creamy but more in a whole milk way than true cream if that makes any sense. It really reminded me of having Farmer Bros coffee after putting cream in it as that brand sometimes tastes like cereal then. The cigar burned for an hour and I put it down with a little under an inch left as it finally started to get harsh.

Is the Chigringo Reloaded life changing? No, but it is a good cigar and I would give a buck or 2 to enjoy another corona in the morning or cutting the grass. I don't have the fancy review chart the website has but admitting to saying I would spend cash on this should be positive review enough.

DC
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Chigringo Reloaded

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:28 am

As I said in an email with Dan, I'm SHOCKED by his results. This cigar was not at all mild to me. I'm a little afraid that his palate has turned to sandpaper after hearing this! :lol:

Thanks again, Dan. I appreciate you takign the time to let us know your thoughts. I'm also impressed that I created something you actually tolerate. Ha!

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Re: Chigringo Reloaded

Post by 815DC » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:54 am

Hey I had a little buzz when I put it down but that was the only cigar I smoked all week so I guess if it makes you feel better Craig I can say mild to medium cigar. ;)
Why DOES the moon follow the car?