Review Collaborations

Write 'em up, boys....give us your advice on your favorite/least favorite cigars, accessories, or pairings...
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Review Collaborations

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Not a once.

You've been Tapatalk'd

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:53 am

Running late in the game, but I'm smoking the next installment this morning....

Just a hillbilly, Tappin and a-Talkin
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:45 am

Kip and I both had 3 cigars to review for this project. Only the first were the same. I have already smoked and reviewed the second of my batch and look forward to the time when these come out. I like both of our review styles and actually enjoy reading them back on multiple occasions. It seems that how we describe cigars can be interpreted differently on different occasions, much like smoking the cigar can vary. Stay tuned. The remaining 4 should be a blast.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Wow. I'm confused by just exactly how their scores are figured. I thought I was consistently rating this one slightly lower than the first, and didn't think it was anything extraordinary....but turned out my result was a 95 overall (!!). My component scores were: 90,90,95,90,92,95,90,92,95....which makes me wonder how the final overall is 95? Anybody know how they determine the overall rating? It's hard to tell because when submitting notes there are no numbers involved (you select from a list of descriptors, i.e. "good" "great" etc.). Emmett (one of their regular reviewers) were the standout high scores this time.

CLICK HERE
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

BMP_Aaron
Petit Robusto

Post by BMP_Aaron » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Kip, the word selection corresponds to a number and that is how the scores are generated. The top option corresponds to the highest number score and as the options go down on the selection list, they are meant to be lower in rating and number.