Tatuaje Monster Series

Got the scoop on a hot new story? New line? Other cool stuff? New legislation in your area?Post it here....
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Tatuaje Monster Series

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Well, as was stated on the show this week, this 13th version of the Monster series is supposed to be the last. My guess is that there will be more in the future, with more current villains and creatures. I suggest:

The Alien & Predator
Jigsaw
Hannibal (Lechter)
Pumpkinhead
Clover(field)
Kaiju
Gojira
Pennywise
Bruce (shark from “Jaws”)
Zombie

Got any other subjects/ideas???
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Tatuaje Monster Series

Post by Kip » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:09 am

El Murciélago
craigbat.jpg
craigbat.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 11323 times
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 am

Kip wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:09 am
El Murciélago
craigbat.jpg

AAHAHAHHAAAHAHHHAAAAAHHHHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Now THAT is the perfect creature for an ultra-camp horror film!

And maybe Bacardi will adopt it as their new, updated logo.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

:shock:

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am

All seriousness, I hope Pete retires the series. I really do. After the blow up of the Drac/Boris year (Year 2, believe it or not), I think he was done with this whole thing. WE made this a farce and he paid the price. When the story of Tatuaje is written, mark my words that this series will be the one that broke him.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:11 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am
All seriousness, I hope Pete retires the series. I really do. After the blow up of the Drac/Boris year (Year 2, believe it or not), I think he was done with this whole thing. WE made this a farce and he paid the price. When the story of Tatuaje is written, mark my words that this series will be the one that broke him.
Nope. It’s a business. You don’t give up a cash cow because of some release stresses.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:14 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:11 am
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am
Nope. It’s a business. You don’t give up a cash cow because of some release stresses.
I think you're wrong there. Pete can make something else to make his money. He's been sued for this, been crucified for wet lacquer, been lambasted for under supplying and been hated on for his introduction to the series being his high water mark. He has enough fans to make another 'special' cigar instead of his halloween line. You don't give up a cash cow, certainly, but when you're going to max out on how much you can make (13x$2.00x666= $17,316) and then have to think about all the headaches it takes to make that amount, you go a different direction to make your money.

MSRP is 13. Wholesale is 6.50. Distribution is $3.50. Pete's share of income is roughly $2.00/cigar. That is his GROSS income on these. These aren't a big moneymaker at all.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Okay, but don’t assume that actual $$$ are the only way that his company benefits here. PUBLICITY from these cigars, even the struggles, is going to be worth way more than the actually cigar dollars earned from these specific sticks.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:18 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 pm
Okay, but don’t assume that actual $$$ are the only way that his company benefits here. PUBLICITY from these cigars, even the struggles, is going to be worth way more than the actually cigar dollars earned from these specific sticks.
Valid point. I'd also add that there is an undisclosed number of "dress box" cigars available for each release that can net more money.

The thought I have being more related to the overall line though. He HAS to choose specific retailers. He HAS to uphold his theme. He HAS to have things done by a certain time. There really aren't too many other projects that would need to meet these constraints.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:20 am

And yes. I understand that I"m arguing a point that I cannot possibly defend in a court of law. I'm putting words into someone else's mouth and passionately bolstering them with *possible* reasons. It's madness.