Sad, sad, sad...

Got the scoop on a hot new story? New line? Other cool stuff? New legislation in your area?Post it here....
f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Sad, sad, sad...

Post by f.sinagra » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:56 pm

While exploring my IG page, I came across this photo. This photo reminded of a very funny, and sad, story. When I started getting into cigars about 5 years ago, I came across a box of Rocky Patel Decade's at a B&M. At the time, these were MY Padron's and Opus X's. They had some age on them and looked like they were in good condition. I bought the rest of the box and decided to give them out to my family, friends and co-workers who partake in enjoying this beautiful leaf. One of my co-workers was very happy with the cigar I gave him. Thanks and praises were given for about a month or so. One day, when we were supposed to have a little herf session, he walks in with a very sad look on his face. This is how the conversation went:

Me: What's wrong, bro? Is everything alright?
Friend: Remember that cigar you gave me, the Decade?
Me: Yes. What about it?
Friend: Well, I went into my humidor today to grab it so I could smoke it tonight and it wasn't there.
Me: It wasn't there? What'd you do with it?
Friend: I didn't do anything with it. But my sister...she smoked it.
Me: Okay. I think I have a couple more left. I'll give you one.
Friend: No, man. She SMOKED it. She ran out of rolling papers and blunts, so she went into my humidor and used my Decade as her rolling paper.

The table grew silent and the look of disgust was on our faces. To make a long story short, we dedicated that night to Rocky's fallen Decade and gave our buddy a shit ton grief for it, which we still do to this day.

I'm sure many of you have encountered situations where people have disgraced the very leaf we love. If you have any stories, please share.

On a serious note, I've learned so much from reading the blogging sites and listening to some podcasts, and from our very own, Craig and Kip, about the legislative efforts that are being won and lost to protect our passion. This is a very real issue, and something has to be done about it.

- Frank S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by f.sinagra on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Sad, sad, sad...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:47 am

That is absolutely the strangest cigar story I've ever heard! Excellent!!

Mine is one I've shared on the show in the past. Many moons ago I hung with a crowd from a B&M who were cigar smokers, but also pot smokers. I was never into anything besides cigars and would always just sit there smoking one of my favorite sticks when they would be passing around the bong. One chilly winter evening I decided to be "one of the gang" and grabbed the bong, removed the slider and replaced it with the head of my lit Padron Millennium. It was absolutely amazing. The flavor was amplified, the smoke was cool & "softer". It was epic. Every pass of the circle had me doing the same thing; for about 20 minutes. At that point I started wishing for death and suffered from the absolute worst nicotine sickness that I've ever had. It was ugly and I was forever poked fun at for my attempt at being one of the gang.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Sad, sad, sad...

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:14 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:That is absolutely the strangest cigar story I've ever heard! Excellent!!

Mine is one I've shared on the show in the past. Many moons ago I hung with a crowd from a B&M who were cigar smokers, but also pot smokers. I was never into anything besides cigars and would always just sit there smoking one of my favorite sticks when they would be passing around the bong. One chilly winter evening I decided to be "one of the gang" and grabbed the bong, removed the slider and replaced it with the head of my lit Padron Millennium. It was absolutely amazing. The flavor was amplified, the smoke was cool & "softer". It was epic. Every pass of the circle had me doing the same thing; for about 20 minutes. At that point I started wishing for death and suffered from the absolute worst nicotine sickness that I've ever had. It was ugly and I was forever poked fun at for my attempt at being one of the gang.
The moral of Craig's story, clearly, is that he should never try to "fit in." Bad juju...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.