"Errands" Cigars, "Honey-Do" Cigars

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

"Errands" Cigars, "Honey-Do" Cigars

Post by IWinchester » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:11 pm

This post is for those cigars that are not quite good/complex enough for just sitting down and enjoying by themselves, but are great for driving around town or working on a Saturday honey-do list. I'll start with a super weird one, the "Nimmy D" by Patel.

This starts off with a nice, sweet baking spice and wood. It quickly devolves to nastiness around 1/4 inch. However, the baking spice and wood come back if you let it go out and then relight it! No harshness or off flavors at all! After a quarter inch it gets gross again, so put it down while you run into the bank an then relight it again and BOOM! the flavors come back! It will do this all the way to the last third. Trust me, just put it down when it gets gross, then relight it after you've finished up in Home Depot!

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re:

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:14 am

That's the strangest thing I've ever heard of with a cigar. Interesting.

My contribution would be the oft overlooked cigarillos from many manufacturers. Tatuaje, Fuente, CAO and numerous cuban brands all put out cigarillos. I can't recommend the size enough. They don't take much heat to relight so they don't overheat that often. Plus, they tend to be cheap enough to not worry too much if there's a problem and you have to quickly abandon them. I think most guys shy away because they aren't perceived to offer the same enjoyment as "regular" cigars. This couldn't be further from the truth. Give em a shot. They're great!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Re:

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:52 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:That's the strangest thing I've ever heard of with a cigar. Interesting.

My contribution would be the oft overlooked cigarillos from many manufacturers. Tatuaje, Fuente, CAO and numerous cuban brands all put out cigarillos. I can't recommend the size enough. They don't take much heat to relight so they don't overheat that often. Plus, they tend to be cheap enough to not worry too much if there's a problem and you have to quickly abandon them. I think most guys shy away because they aren't perceived to offer the same enjoyment as "regular" cigars. This couldn't be further from the truth. Give em a shot. They're great!
I agree. I'd also throw in some of the recent "mini" cigars, like the ones Eddie Ortega put out. I believe Queada just recently released another little guy. Normally, I try to plan my cigars around whatever driving I'm doing. Most of the time, though, I'm driving long distances so it's not a major issue.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: "Errands" Cigars, "Honey-Do" Cigars

Post by IWinchester » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Also the Fuente exquisitos. I've bought a 50ct box for the winter but I only have about 20 left and it hasn't even snowed yet,,,

Kid Corona

deuce26
Petit Robusto

Re:

Post by deuce26 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:36 pm

That's a good call. I'm going to pick up some of those because time is always an issue for me during the day. Any specific suggestions?

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

I like the natural exquisitos. At 406cigars.com I'm doing a series on shirt smokes, those are on plus the illusione rothchildes and more coming.

Kid Corona

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re:

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:23 pm

IWinchester wrote:I like the natural exquisitos. At 406cigars.com I'm doing a series on shirt smokes, those are on plus the illusione rothchildes and more coming.

Kid Corona
"shirt" smokes? Sounds like something I'd try to avoid :twisted:

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:03 am

Yeah, wearable cigars! You light one sleeve and smoke off the other!

Kid Corona

deuce26
Petit Robusto

Re:

Post by deuce26 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:36 am

I'm gonna try the natural exquisitos before I try the shirt cigar!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re:

Post by Kip » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:49 am

I think we may be on to something here. I'm imagining something akin to the Camelbak (which @kurtdesign1 is familiar with). It contains a smouldering cigar, kept alight by your own puffing and a tiny slot along the length of the cigar-holding breech (which provides air for combustion, as well as vacuum relief when you puff). Want a puff while riding your bike? No problem. Driving? Not an issue. I see a market expansion by encapsulating it and feeding air from a scuba tank to create the world's first SCUSA (Self-Contained Underwater Smoking Apparatus).

This is big.

Get on it, guys. I'm just the idea man....