Cigar of the Day 2019

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
smokinsteve
The Generous

Re: Cigar of the Day 2019

Post by smokinsteve » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks @815DC! This one was pretty good for a mild cigar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smoke on!

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Image From Senor Craig liquidating friend. Still has a lot of pop to it.

ImageCaminos from 2015. From what Cesar (owner of the brand told me) this cigar has a different binder from what’s on the market now. I’m gonna assume that these were some test blends laying around, slapped a band on it, and decided to do a release. Anyways it’s phenomenal.

Image Christian firing on all cylinders. Still prefer his father & brother’s Aladino. I could smoke those every damn day.

Image Viva La Vida Diadema made by AJ. Little back story on the brand, these guys used to own Cigar Inn on 2nd Ave in NYC. Got bought out by Casa de Mon a few years ago. These dudes are rocking right now. This diadema was exceptional — true medium-bodied, smooth. Nice notes of spice, wood, touch of leather. After I smoked this one, I tried the robusto. Not a fan. Full bodied, up-front pepper. Turned me off. Now I have 3 that I’m just going to wind up sitting on for the next couple of months.

Image Jon Huber was right in his description of this cigar: peanut butter. Great morning cigar.

Image La Galera Maduro in Toro size. Love this cigar, but in the 46 rg. It was good, but nowhere near the 46 level. GREAT PRICE POINT!

ImageGreat blend of a touch of spice, creamy and nutty.

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

smokinsteve wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:26 pm
Thanks @815DC! This one was pretty good for a mild cigar

I take flak for those, but they are my go to conny stick. Also 5 packs can be had for $10 or less on cbid.

They dropped a maduro recently, but budget and space are preventing me making a move.

Also the pouch of john bull ‘english’ pipe tobacco is good. A nice toe dip into the world of English blends I imagine. Can be had for $1-3 on cbid.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Well, as is too often the case, there's no power today - which makes it significantly more difficult for my son to do online school. So, we're back to basics with paper and pencil. Figured I'd have this La Palina from @Zedman05 (Thanks man!). It's early but this is much calmer, sweeter, and better behaved than I remember. Off to an exceptional start. Image

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Tonights Delight.

Romacraft Baka

Just a wee-one. This is very good. Only 1/3 in, but enjoying immensly. Do you think they use any ligero in that thing !?
Roma FTWImageImage

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Welp…
With the cold weather here my days of enjoying the finery of a John Bull or dare I says something even classier are pretty much over until the myth that is Illinois Spring arrives.

Some photos of what I have been puffing through on the outside porch this month. Sam Houston from Fincks, a Factory Throwout sweet from JC Newman and a Travis Club Maduro Rothschild also from Fincks. All machine made with the Factory Throwout I think made in Florida at the Newman facility. The Fincks stuff wasn't too bad and the Factory Throwout wasn't bad either. Look nothing is gonna be lights out and that is kinda the point. I don't want to put a higher end stick out after 1/3 or 1/2 because I'm too cold.
Attachments
100_0041.JPG
100_0041.JPG (108 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
100_0040.JPG
100_0040.JPG (91.4 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
100_0039.JPG
100_0039.JPG (110.21 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:48 pm

ImageYes, another Aladino corojo. Hotdamn do I love this cigar!
ImageFantastic cigar. Fantastic price point.
ImageSo my cousin went to Cuba for “business”. He visit a couple of farms, and brought back bundles of what I deem to be a Laguito size. The roller left an unbelievable shag on the foot. I think the name is Alejandro Glez. Anyways, this cigar was absolutely phenomenal. It was still a little wet; could’ve spent a few more weeks in the humidor. Flavor wise very creamy with a nice spice on the retrohale. From what I remember in the first-third, there was this predominantly grassy note that reminded me of fresh cut grass. I hope my cousin ages them properly. He’s just giving them out like their candy. He’s heading down next month, I’ll tell him to get me a bundle.

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:06 pm

f.sinagra wrote:ImageYes, another Aladino corojo. Hotdamn do I love this cigar!
ImageFantastic cigar. Fantastic price point.
ImageSo my cousin went to Cuba for “business”. He visit a couple of farms, and brought back bundles of what I deem to be a Laguito size. The roller left an unbelievable shag on the foot. I think the name is Alejandro Glez. Anyways, this cigar was absolutely phenomenal. It was still a little wet; could’ve spent a few more weeks in the humidor. Flavor wise very creamy with a nice spice on the retrohale. From what I remember in the first-third, there was this predominantly grassy note that reminded me of fresh cut grass. I hope my cousin ages them properly. He’s just giving them out like their candy. He’s heading down next month, I’ll tell him to get me a bundle.

You mean, like this one ?
Alex Gonzalez is "Alex Glez" on FB. He is the roller at the Comodoro. This was the cigar I put in the pass.
He makes all kinds of sizes -
Corona, Sig IV (Canonazo), Lonsdale (Dalia), Laguito No.2, Robusto and Churchill.
Glad you liked it, my favorite roller blend, by far. These are the bundles I pick up every time I visit Cuba. Image

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:53 am

I have been smoking these a lot lately. Just perfectly in my wheel house. I would take these over most cigars twice the price.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro courtesy of @815DC. This cigar is fantastic! I love Perdomos. Forgot how good these lot 23 maduros are. Thanks Dan! Happy Thanksgiving everyone Image

Smoke on!