Cigar of the Day 2019

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Cigar of the Day 2019

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:06 am

Zedman05 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:27 am
Sunday Nights Delights.

Diplomatico No.2 '18

Courtesy of @akpreacher.
Wow. Sooo much honey. If this was a corona sized cigar, it would have been magnificent. The initial flavors were great, but it just kept that same profile and got richer and richer and richer, to the point where I tapped out instead of nubbing. Some things are great, like a steak, but throw down a 60oz steak in front of you and eat just that the whole meal, then the rest for snack and then for breakfast, it gets overwhelming.
Just too much for me is all. Thanks man, it was a great experience for me.

Parti P2 '15

I have to be honest; I hated the first 6 sticks out of this box. Bitter and peppery, which is not a trait CC's have. Then about 8 months ago this box turned into a smooth, bell-pepper, slight nutmeg and cinamon treat. Just loving the shyt out of these right now. Too bad I only have a few left, as I kinda went on a smoking spree with them.

Hopefully whomever grabbed it from the pass will let me know what they think, I would like to know what their comparrison is. ImageImage
I know two things: 1st, I wanted that Dip2 out of the pass and was pissed it was taken. I LOVED them back about 10 years ago and then they got so rich that they started overpowering my palate. Palate fatigue but not pollution. I wanted to see how the blend was evolving. Sounds like it hasn't...
2nd, I felt exactly the same way about P2s when they came out in 05(?). They were hot and bitter initially and I didn't get WTH people were going crazy about. Then, from Mitchel Orchant actually, I was gifted one of these at the last RTDA because he wanted me to trade him some of the Humidi-Pucks that I was selling. He's a character, through and through. Imagine a merchant from the middle ages and put him in a $90k Aston and a $2k suit. That's Orchant. That said, he knew what I didn't like about the cigar and gave me a 2 year old version because he was sure I would think differently. He said the blend took years to open; longer than the PSD4, actually. He was right. The guy might be cloaked in deception at times but beneath that is seemingly solid skill. I haven't spoken with him in over 5 years but after that time I always enjoyed the dinner we'd have together at IPCPR.

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:25 pm

ImageHavana 142 Toro. Sneaky strength but oh so flavorful!
Turrent 1880. Really smooth. Choco/mocha on the palate, and the aroma is very much the same. Also the retro is sweet. Paired this with a cheap label scotch (was poured by the shop owner lol). The smoothness threw me off with every puff. San Andres wrapper, so I was expecting like an “oof” lol. Closest thing to a Mexican puro that I’ve ever smoked.

Is Mexican tobacco light in profile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:39 pm

f.sinagra wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:25 pm
Turrent 1880. Really smooth. Choco/mocha on the palate, and the aroma is very much the same. Also the retro is sweet. Paired this with a cheap label scotch (was poured by the shop owner lol). The smoothness threw me off with every puff. San Andres wrapper, so I was expecting like an “oof” lol. Closest thing to a Mexican puro that I’ve ever smoked.

Is Mexican tobacco light in profile?
I have worked with a mfg to create a cigar with maduro and claro San Andres. I wouldn't describe it as "light" but nuanced and unique like any other. That said, most tobaccos can be worked to show off different sides of their flavor capabilities. I'm guessing that's what your 1880 did

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:25 am

Smoked an Old Henry courtesy of DC. Thanks Dan this was an awesome smoke! I really enjoyed it!

Smoke on!

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:32 am

smokinsteve wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:25 am
Smoked an Old Henry courtesy of DC. Thanks Dan this was an awesome smoke! I really enjoyed it!

Glad you enjoyed it. They are made by pepin for Holts. J Curtis gave me the 411 on them back in the dogwatch days. Hope you continue to improve Brother Brother.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:23 pm

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm

Yesterday was probably the last decent day out I will have for some time. Thus this La Aurora was had. They definitely mellowed a bit with some time, which was good because fresh they would knock your socks off.
Attachments
100_0026.JPG
100_0026.JPG (78.63 KiB) Viewed 3854 times

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:36 am

Mother nature opted more for 'trick' than 'treat' this year. Still it warmed up enough finally (40F) to have the bulk of this Fallen Angel Robusto on the porch.
Attachments
100_0027.JPG
100_0027.JPG (97.64 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
100_0030.JPG
100_0030.JPG (118.21 KiB) Viewed 3826 times

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Amazing

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 pm

Forgive me....my cigars got discombobulated during transport from the US. Someone here sent this to me this summer and I don't remember who. I'm enjoying it tonight. Gracias! Image

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....