Just a thought...

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Just a thought...

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 pm

I know Craig occasionally does this on parts of his cigars to see the effect of the wrapper, but it’s worth doing for another reason. Usually, I enjoy the AB Black Market quite a bit, but tonight’s just wasn’t cutting it. I took off the wrapper, and Lo and behold, it became much more enjoyable. So, before you toss that disappointing Cigar, take off the wrapper and try it naked. Cheers!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Just a thought...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 pm
I know Craig occasionally does this on parts of his cigars to see the effect of the wrapper, but it’s worth doing for another reason. Usually, I enjoy the AB Black Market quite a bit, but tonight’s just wasn’t cutting it. I took off the wrapper, and Lo and behold, it became much more enjoyable. So, before you toss that disappointing Cigar, take off the wrapper and try it naked. Cheers!
100% liquid awesome. I wholeheartedly subscribe to this. I'll even add that before you chuck that plugged cigar you're suffering through, consider removing the entire wrapper or just a few inches. This typically allows the cigar room to expand and lessen the effects from construction flaws. Enjoy!

Wait, why the hell did a wrapper leaf screw up the enjoyment of a cigar you typically like @stewmuse? This sounds like either the wrapper leaf wasn't playing it's typical "silent" role or this batch had an off flavor which threw off the overall blend. Thoughts? Did you experiment with smoking the wrapper alone?