Samplers

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Samplers

Post by Kip » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm

I wish more retailers would offer samplers of good cigars at a fair price. It seems the overwhelming majority of samplers are attempts to blow out cigars that don't sell without the extra incentive of what else is in the sampler. 3 good cigars at a small discount are no longer a bargain if I have to buy 5 turdsticks with them. I don't want to pay for and subsequently suffer through the bad just to save $0.50 a stick on the good. Paying $2 apiece for the undesirables kill the savings at any rate. I understand the concept and why things are as they are. I'm just sitting around wishin'.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Samplers

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Kip wrote:I wish more retailers would offer samplers of good cigars at a fair price. It seems the overwhelming majority of samplers are attempts to blow out cigars that don't sell without the extra incentive of what else is in the sampler. 3 good cigars at a small discount are no longer a bargain if I have to buy 5 turdsticks with them. I don't want to pay for and subsequently suffer through the bad just to save $0.50 a stick on the good. Paying $2 apiece for the undesirables kill the savings at any rate. I understand the concept and why things are as they are. I'm just sitting around wishin'.

Don't numerous brands/lines offer samplers of a specific cigar and its cousins? Or are you not, then, getting the desired discounts?
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:39 pm

What I'm actually looking for is someone to put together all my favorite cigars and sell them at a good discount. Y'know - service my every need :)

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Kip wrote:What I'm actually looking for is someone to put together all my favorite cigars and sell them at a good discount. Y'know - service my every need.
That is, actually, a good idea. Thompson or CI or others could do a "Take any 10 different ten singles and take 10% off" or "Buy any 9 singles, get a 10th free" kinda deal.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Kip wrote:What I'm actually looking for is someone to put together all my favorite cigars and sell them at a good discount. Y'know - service my every need.
That is, actually, a good idea. Thompson or CI or others could do a "Take any 10 different ten singles and take 10% off" or "Buy any 9 singles, get a 10th free" kinda deal.
That is a good idea. You are correct, sir.