Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:03 pm

What were some standouts??

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:17 am

Well it is now winter here in the Illinois Valley. I always get a kick how when the first real snow and ice are on the way people panic EVERY YEAR like they haven't been here their whole lives. (most of them have or at least enough to know better)

Anyway, I picked up a bushel of these bandido cheroots on cbid for something like $15-20 per pack of 60 as the cigars of winter 2018/19. Now, if smooth and sweet is code for 'punch you in the throat' then they live up to advertising. However, they light easy and require no cutting. Also I am more than apt to chuck one at any point without feeling remorse if it gets too cold or nasty out or if I am tired of puffing on something even I wouldn't normally waste my time on. I guess they are kind of like American Colmado cigars in a way.

As an additional aside yes that is a Bears flag I put up 2 years ago now frozen to the gutter :lol:
Attachments
DSCI0066.JPG
DSCI0066.JPG (160.78 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
DSCI0065.JPG
DSCI0065.JPG (141.36 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:The pic with the delaminating floor looks like Old Partagas. Is that open again?
The pic in the shop, with the giant RyJ tubo ? That is Habana Libre's shop. By far the biggest in Havana. Good selection and a nice lounge area.
Partagas' original factory is only open for tours. The cigar shop is open at the front too, that is where I found some insanely good PSD4 singles for walking around smoking.

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:21 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Last night

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Smoked nothing but pipe tobacco for the past few months. Wanted a change of pace.

Smoke on!

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:15 am

Tonights Delight.

HdM San Juan

The size is daunting on these, from a Cuban cigar perspective. I bought these in 10 counts a couple years ago and knew I liked them. They start out smooth and mild, but develope into a nice rich seco-driven cigar. No strength shows up until late, when the nicotine builds.
A great representation of what a cigar can bring, if you are more suited to the milder side of cigars. I imagine people who regularly smoke stronger cigars wont get the same experience I get from these. Image

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Brilliant cigars for all the reasons you list.
Zedman05 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:15 am
Tonights Delight.

HdM San Juan

The size is daunting on these, from a Cuban cigar perspective. I bought these in 10 counts a couple years ago and knew I liked them. They start out smooth and mild, but develope into a nice rich seco-driven cigar. No strength shows up until late, when the nicotine builds.
A great representation of what a cigar can bring, if you are more suited to the milder side of cigars. I imagine people who regularly smoke stronger cigars wont get the same experience I get from these. Image

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:22 pm

It was above freezing today! :)

Armed with a cigar I set out into the sweltering 37 Fahrenheit afternoon and puffed through 1/2 of this guy. Look its still cold just not freezing. These cigars were a bit of a letdown. I got excited by the wording and marketing when I came across them in a magazine and then bought a bundle blind. They aren't bad, just the definition of OK. Kind of like a Gurkha with the all show no go reputation that brand garnered. Sorry to say in my excitement I even sent out a few to people thinking I was on the forefront of perhaps something splendid. Turns out however that punching myself in the throat for a week or two with the previously posted Bandido cheroots really made me appreciate these more.
Attachments
DSCI0068.JPG
DSCI0068.JPG (139.97 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Second favorite Anejo. Local shop just got them in. Now if the can get some #46 and #48 I will be set(for awhile). The #50 is smoking great for me. Enjoy #FuenteFriday

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway