"Significant Other" issues with tobacco..

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: "Significant Other" issues with tobacco..

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:01 am

BowhuntnHoosier wrote:I have a very understanding wife(of 28 years). When we go on vacation she always looks up local cigar lounges for me. And if she tags along she simply sits in the car reading a book or messing around on her phone. And usually gives me a bit of xtra $$ before I go in. Love her dearly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
That's about as encouraging as I've heard. Amazing!

TomD
Tatuaje. Black.

Post by TomD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Mine couldn't care less. She spends more time at the cigar bar than I do. She vapes. I don't smoke in the house, but I do in my truck.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 am

TomD wrote:Mine couldn't care less. She spends more time at the cigar bar than I do. She vapes. I don't smoke in the house, but I do in my truck.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Yeah my car is my winter refuge. Found my son's sweater in there yesterday from who knows when, smelled like an ashtray

TomD
Tatuaje. Black.

Post by TomD » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm in South Florida. The truck is my summer refuge. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:17 pm

So, this is a complicated subject. My wife hates the smell. Hates the fact that I use the garage for cigar smoking, even though I built a stand alone carbon filtration system and have a carbon filter on the furnace that I installed in there for heat. It still smells. You cannot get away from that. I too hate the fact that things in the garage smell that way too, but I am NEVER allowed to build a room in the house for it, no matter what. She hates the smell of it on me, even when I shower.
On the other hand, we went to Cuba in 2010 to a resort that had a cigar bar/pool table. She would come there/ask if I wanted to go every day. Sure I had to limit myself to 2-3 cigars a day, but I was happy then. She knows this hobby is here to stick. She doesn't mind me having a cigar on the deck of the cabin when we are on vacation in the middle of the day and read a book to chill. As long as it, like others have stated here, doesn't interfere with regular life.
I think as she is a recently retired smoker, it makes things easier.
I am in an ok place with this, just as long as I keep getting to go on trips by myself every once in a while ^_^