Bygone days

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Bygone days

Post by Kip » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:43 am

I turned on a link checker for the website. It's a small piece of software that scans all the old posts and pages for links that no longer work. I'm blown away by how many there were. Most of the links were to small upstart cigar companies that haven't made it. Even in the short few years that Half Ashed has been around, quite a number of products and companies have come and gone. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising in a competitive industry, but still. Even before the onset of FDA regulation things were tough for a new company.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Bygone days

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:19 am

Kip wrote:I turned on a link checker for the website. It's a small piece of software that scans all the old posts and pages for links that no longer work. I'm blown away by how many there were. Most of the links were to small upstart cigar companies that haven't made it. Even in the short few years that Half Ashed has been around, quite a number of products and companies have come and gone. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising in a competitive industry, but still. Even before the onset of FDA regulation things were tough for a new company.
"Bygone." As in "Bye. We gone!"
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:41 pm

Kip wrote:I turned on a link checker for the website. It's a small piece of software that scans all the old posts and pages for links that no longer work. I'm blown away by how many there were. Most of the links were to small upstart cigar companies that haven't made it. Even in the short few years that Half Ashed has been around, quite a number of products and companies have come and gone. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising in a competitive industry, but still. Even before the onset of FDA regulation things were tough for a new company.
That's shocking. I can't even think of a link I've posted that would be dead. Honestly. It's not to say that there couldn't be one but I can't imagine as one of the highest posters that i've put very many up. Crazy.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Not the forum...old blog posts (and news stories back when we did those)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:10 am

Kip wrote:Not the forum...old blog posts (and news stories back when we did those)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Well, that certainly makes more sense. Along the lines of public posts having invalid content, when are you going to give me the Minute Musings PWs? I'd like to start making a fool of myself more publicly.