Smoking and driving

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Smoking and driving

Post by IWinchester » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I recently discovered a back road to my day job. It doesn't cut minutes off my commute, but it doesn't add minutes either. What it does is eliminate half the stop lights and 80% of the traffic on my way to work while also eliminating a 25 mph drive through a small town.

The funny thing is, cigars are much more enjoyable on this route than the previous one! Less traffic, fewer lights and a more scenic view all combine to make me slap myself for not branching out earlier! After discovering the route yesterday I tested it to and from work today. Wow. It's amazing how a little solitude on the road can freshen the mind for work (or kids back at home).

I'm excited to smoke more on this road and have been daydreaming about the cigars/vitolas that will fit just right now that I don't have to navigate the morning rush as much. Good times coming for this winter!

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Smoking and driving

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:02 am

Man, this is totally awesome. I regularly have a small cigar either to or back from work on my 45-minute trek. Those cigars are life-savers, for sure. If I could do it without any other traffic I would probably just pass out with joy. Congrats!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:36 pm

IWinchester wrote:I recently discovered a back road to my day job. It doesn't cut minutes off my commute, but it doesn't add minutes either. What it does is eliminate half the stop lights and 80% of the traffic on my way to work while also eliminating a 25 mph drive through a small town.

The funny thing is, cigars are much more enjoyable on this route than the previous one! Less traffic, fewer lights and a more scenic view all combine to make me slap myself for not branching out earlier! After discovering the route yesterday I tested it to and from work today. Wow. It's amazing how a little solitude on the road can freshen the mind for work (or kids back at home).

I'm excited to smoke more on this road and have been daydreaming about the cigars/vitolas that will fit just right now that I don't have to navigate the morning rush as much. Good times coming for this winter!
Epic. One of my favorite times to smoke is when I'm driving. There really is a perfect harmony of concentration & camaraderie all at once.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Count me in as an adherent, although I rarely do it any more. It takes a lot more concentration and defensiveness to drive here, and I now only have one vehicle (Kristi isn't a fan of stale smoke).

But, at times, Nick and I partake on the way home from the mountains.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Kip wrote:
But, at times, Nick and I partake on the way home from the mountains.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
I imagine there is literally NO better time to smoke in your car!!