Beetlepalooza

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
CigarCity
Not just Varsity..CigarCity!

Beetlepalooza

Post by CigarCity » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:26 pm

Visit the in-laws today. My father-in-law said he needed a new jar of the humidity crystals so I took him one. I open up his humidor and its Beetlepalooza in there. Literally crawling around in the box. About a half dozen were so full of holes that I just threw them out. Another dozen MAY be smokeable and then there were about a dozen with either no or only a one hole near the foot.

We looked online and it said freezer bags, one day in the fridge, three in the freezer and one more in the fridge. Seems like he is going to lose these things to either the bugs or the freezer. What a shame. :(

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Beetlepalooza

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:07 pm

CigarCity wrote:Visit the in-laws today. My father-in-law said he needed a new jar of the humidity crystals so I took him one. I open up his humidor and its Beetlepalooza in there. Literally crawling around in the box. About a half dozen were so full of holes that I just threw them out. Another dozen MAY be smokeable and then there were about a dozen with either no or only a one hole near the foot.

We looked online and it said freezer bags, one day in the fridge, three in the freezer and one more in the fridge. Seems like he is going to lose these things to either the bugs or the freezer. What a shame. :(
Durn. Hopefully, you, at least, got some some cool concert poster art out of it...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Beetlepalooza

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:35 am

Stewmuse wrote:
CigarCity wrote:Visit the in-laws today. My father-in-law said he needed a new jar of the humidity crystals so I took him one. I open up his humidor and its Beetlepalooza in there. Literally crawling around in the box. About a half dozen were so full of holes that I just threw them out. Another dozen MAY be smokeable and then there were about a dozen with either no or only a one hole near the foot.

Durn. Hopefully, you, at least, got some some cool concert poster art out of it...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

In all reality, I might just keep the smokeable ones in a zip loc bag and chuck out the rest. The humidor might even be sketchy now. I'm not sure how their reproduction occurs but I'd be afraid of eggs outside the tobacco being hatched when new cigars are placed in close proximity. Thoughts ??