Pairings

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Pairings

Post by IWinchester » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 am

We've had random pairing posts before, but I thought it was about time for a specific thread on them.

Post up anything you enjoy with cigars here, be it movies (Michael), music, drinks, food, or the famous Bob jelly bellies!

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Pairings

Post by IWinchester » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:18 am

Tonight I tried Zaya blended 12 year aged rum with a dirt cheap Churchill. I gotta say, you could probably smoke anything but a super mild cigar with this rum! I also sipped on it a bit before smoking, and I gotta say it's a stiff competition against nice bourbons and scotches for me! Anyone else have Zaya before?

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 am

I don't think Craig has. Oh, wait...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:53 am

More seriously, I don't know how some people can smoke a cigar without a beverage. I would pretty much die. Heck, if I'm someplace with a cigar and run out of beverage without being able to replace it quickly, I have to throw out the cigar. Typically, I smoke with a root beer or diet coke, and will sometmes simultaneously have a Jack (or other whiskey or bourbon) on the rocks or Southern Comfort rocks. Beer and coffee both suck...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Quikstryke
Capitán Impresionante

Post by Quikstryke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am

I also like to pair a nice tequila.. I recently had a don julio 1942 its was awesome with a cigar. Lots of citrus and spice very very smooth

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Quikstryke wrote:I also like to pair a nice tequila.. I recently had a don julio 1942 its was awesome with a cigar. Lots of citrus and spice very very smooth
I'll have to look into tequila and cigars...
Do any specific blends/profiles work well with tequila?

Quikstryke
Capitán Impresionante

Re: RE: Re: Pairings

Post by Quikstryke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 pm

IWinchester wrote:
Quikstryke wrote:I also like to pair a nice tequila.. I recently had a don julio 1942 its was awesome with a cigar. Lots of citrus and spice very very smooth
I like spicy medium to full with my tequila. Like dpg.. Or something with a san andres wrapper its got some spice and mexican flavors..

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Stewmuse wrote:Beer and coffee both suck...
I wholeheartedly disagree! Coffee and almost ANY cigar go well together. Beer needs specific pairings, but can also be great.
....unless of course you just don't like coffee and beer...

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:03 pm

IWinchester wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:Beer and coffee both suck...
I wholeheartedly disagree! Coffee and almost ANY cigar go well together. Beer needs specific pairings, but can also be great.
....unless of course you just don't like coffee and beer...
I fall between you two. Coffee can cause a bit of a salivary change in my mouth. At times, my saliva is tainted to be acidic and almost slightly gelatinous from some coffees. As such, cigars pair very poorly with this. Other times the coffee can accent the cigar harmoniously. I have not established causation other than the fact that incredibly thick American Coffee tends to aways do this. It is not the only cause, nor is it solely when the coffee is strong.

You've been Tapatalk'd

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:05 pm

IWinchester wrote:
I'll go a different route. I think certain Tequila works well with cigars. Certain tequila does not. Anejos often have the most depth of sweetness but need to be verified to not have too much imparted Oak from their extended aging. The aforementioned Don Julio 1942 is an anejo with very low oak and very high vanilla notes. It is spectacular.

You've been Tapatalk'd