Pairings

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Pairings

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Stewmuse wrote:More seriously, I don't know how some people can smoke a cigar without a beverage. I would pretty much die. Heck, if I'm someplace with a cigar and run out of beverage without being able to replace it quickly, I have to throw out the cigar.
The same goes for me.

You've been Tapatalk'd

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:44 am

IWinchester wrote:Tonight I tried Zaya blended 12 year aged rum with a dirt cheap Churchill. I gotta say, you could probably smoke anything but a super mild cigar with this rum! I also sipped on it a bit before smoking, and I gotta say it's a stiff competition against nice bourbons and scotches for me! Anyone else have Zaya before?
Zaya is a great go-to for me as well with cigars.

Havana Club Maestros is a very close cousin (in my mind) to Zaya, and such, goes well with cigars too. I actually find it pairs amazingly well with H Upmann CC's in general. Brings out a lot of that bready/carmelly/toasty tobacco flavors. Very good pairing for both this and Zaya.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 am

Zedman05 wrote: Zaya is a great go-to for me as well with cigars.

Havana Club Maestros is a very close cousin (in my mind) to Zaya, and such, goes well with cigars too. I actually find it pairs amazingly well with H Upmann CC's in general. Brings out a lot of that bready/carmelly/toasty tobacco flavors. Very good pairing for both this and Zaya.
While I don't intend on being a mooch, would you ever consider a sale & trade that includes a bottle of Maestros? I havent' had it since it was Barrel Proof and absolutely love the spirit. I'd pay for the bottle and then since we're sending things over the border anyways, we might as well trade a few sticks. Would you oblige?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:02 am

IWinchester wrote:Tonight I tried Zaya blended 12 year aged rum with a dirt cheap Churchill. I gotta say, you could probably smoke anything but a super mild cigar with this rum! I also sipped on it a bit before smoking, and I gotta say it's a stiff competition against nice bourbons and scotches for me! Anyone else have Zaya before?
Zedman05 wrote:Zaya is a great go-to for me as well with cigars.

I'm sure I've said this previously but Zaya is my regular rum pour. Word of warning. They rebranded it in the 3rd quarter of this year (I believe). To my palate it is sligthly hotter but with a stronger vanilla nose. The label is slightly different; less script like.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Re: RE: Re: Pairings

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:10 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:

While I don't intend on being a mooch, would you ever consider a sale & trade that includes a bottle of Maestros? I havent' had it since it was Barrel Proof and absolutely love the spirit. I'd pay for the bottle and then since we're sending things over the border anyways, we might as well trade a few sticks. Would you oblige?
Of course. I don't have a bottle right now, but can possibly get one by the end of January. I bet I can get it here, but do you really want to pay 4x what I can get it for in Cuba ? I will let you know what I find here.

Cigar F^iend

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: RE: Re: Pairings

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Zedman05 wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:

Of course. I don't have a bottle right now, but can possibly get one by the end of January. I bet I can get it here, but do you really want to pay 4x what I can get it for in Cuba ? I will let you know what I find here.

Cigar F^iend
No need to rush a 75% cost increase! Let's wait to see if you get a bottle back from the island. Thanks for the casual agreement.