Cigar O' the Day numero cuatro....

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Cigar O' the Day numero cuatro....

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:46 am

Nighttime accompaniment...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (112.72 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:43 pm

A two year old casa trompeta? Now that's vintage! Well, relatively speaking, it is. I do have about 16-20 from late 2012 which I'm saving, but since it's really only been the past 3 years (2013-2015) that I've rolled enough that I didn't just smoke them all, this 2 year old is a a rarity. And danged if it wasn't a really good cigar! It might even cause me to again buy some Connecticut wrapper, which I haven't done in a couple of years due its cost and fragility. We shall see...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (305.74 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Not a cigar - although the establishment involved is cigar friendly. Kristi and I stole away for a couple hour lunch date...our first date time since moving here 4 months ago. We hit El Tablón Latino, one of our favorite restaurants in this town. We had their bacon wrapped dates over a bed of artichokes as an appetizer (friggin delicious), and I had churrasco beef on rice/beans and plátano maduros. She had Risotto con camarones en coco (shrimp risotto served in a hollowed out coconut husk). It's funny how this is now a rare extravagance, but at less than $40, is an incredible bargain by Tampa standards just weeks ago. The value at the place is quite good, and the food never disappoints. The chinola juice can't be easily beaten, either. Definitely a place to visit while you're here, Stewmuse.

...sent by smoke signal from Cigar Country
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:59 pm

Can't agree with the show hosts about this cigar. It had a really pleasant, bready sweetness it's last 2/3 that was firm and enjoyable. That hole in wrapper was on a soft spot, so I expected some weirdness there, but I smoked past it without noticinig anything out of the ordinary, flavor or burn-wise.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (325.02 KiB) Viewed 3798 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:59 pm

Kip wrote:Not a cigar - although the establishment involved is cigar friendly. Kristi and I stole away for a couple hour lunch date...our first date time since moving here 4 months ago. We hit El Tablón Latino, one of our favorite restaurants in this town. We had their bacon wrapped dates over a bed of artichokes as an appetizer (friggin delicious), and I had churrasco beef on rice/beans and plátano maduros. She had Risotto con camarones en coco (shrimp risotto served in a hollowed out coconut husk). It's funny how this is now a rare extravagance, but at less than $40, is an incredible bargain by Tampa standards just weeks ago. The value at the place is quite good, and the food never disappoints. The chinola juice can't be easily beaten, either. Definitely a place to visit while you're here, Stewmuse.

Sounds like a good plan!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Not bad, but I was working in the yard at the same time. Possibly worth another try. Anyone else try these from IPCPR 2015?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 am

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:18 am

Stewmuse wrote:Can't agree with the show hosts about this cigar. It had a really pleasant, bready sweetness it's last 2/3 that was firm and enjoyable. That hole in wrapper was on a soft spot, so I expected some weirdness there, but I smoked past it without noticinig anything out of the ordinary, flavor or burn-wise.
Dont know watch you talkin about because I enjoy those. Love that sweetness.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:52 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:Can't agree with the show hosts about this cigar. It had a really pleasant, bready sweetness it's last 2/3 that was firm and enjoyable. That hole in wrapper was on a soft spot, so I expected some weirdness there, but I smoked past it without noticinig anything out of the ordinary, flavor or burn-wise.
Dont know watch you talkin about because I enjoy those. Love that sweetness.
I was listening to older casts the past few weeks (as I texted you about) and on one you guys were decidedly "ho-hum" about the C y Bs. No biggie...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 am

Probably me. I tried a few of the belicoso and thought they were very flat. I don't remember if I ever got around to the lonsdale; that was the vitola that was overwhelmingly recommended to me.