Hirochi Robaina "HR"

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Hirochi Robaina "HR"

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:18 am

I am stealing this IDEA from another forum but thought it worthy to post up here.

How many of you have smoked the HR? What are your thoughts? I've only smoked 1, mind you, but I was absolutely blown away. I waxed poetic a few weeks back about Louis's ability to know the smoker's palate well enough to tantalize it even with stronger tobacco. Well, I've given it some thought recently and I think that the HR is the only cigar I can think of which does this even more successfully. It is a strong cigar, which most of you will know I do not prefer. I loved every thing about this though. The experience was 3 months ago and I'm still thinking fondly of it. What are your thoughts? Everything under the son is kosher here. Cost? Tobacco? Sensations? I'd like to dive into this stick a bit because I feel like it's not being talked about as much as it should be.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Hirochi Robaina "HR"

Post by Kip » Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 am

Are those YOUR comments or someone else?
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:06 pm

It was a good cigar. Would love to have another, but the price is a hinderance for me. Personally, I would choose the Fume D'Amour Toro over that cigar even if price was not a factor. I think there are a few cigars out there that are half the price that I would choose over that one.
That HR was only one cigar smoked, so having only one example might not be the the best, but it was tried.

Cigar F^iend

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:16 am

Kip wrote:Are those YOUR comments or someone else?
I stole the thread idea but the comments are my own.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:13 am

Zedman05 wrote:It was a good cigar. Would love to have another, but the price is a hinderance for me. Personally, I would choose the Fume D'Amour Toro over that cigar even if price was not a factor. I think there are a few cigars out there that are half the price that I would choose over that one.
That HR was only one cigar smoked, so having only one example might not be the the best, but it was tried.

Cigar F^iend
Zed, I tend to agree with you about cost. The little secret that I hope more manufacturers don't find out is that a unique experience is worth whatever you want to charge. You can't taste it any other way so it is uniquely singular. Is it worth 2 of somethign else? That depends on what you get out of it. If you and I have the same net worth and same finances yet the cigar quenches some "thirst" in me, it's worth it in my book. If you find it to be enjoyable but in no different a way than a Fume D'Amour, as you say, then it is not worth it to you. This badboy looks like it could do it for me. Here's to hoping the rest are just as enjoyable.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I keep staring at the two you sent as show cigars. Watching. Waiting. Thinking....I'm very low on cigars. I might grab one of those jokers and light it up for the sake of research....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 am

Kip wrote:I keep staring at the two you sent as show cigars. Watching. Waiting. Thinking....I'm very low on cigars. I might grab one of those jokers and light it up for the sake of research....
It's funny, I'm doing the same thing...