Davidoff Hourglass Lounge

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Davidoff Hourglass Lounge

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:40 am

Last week Davidoff finally announced their plans for a cigar themed concierge service that caters to its high end clients. I had been formulating thoughts on this for the (canceled) show last week but now think I'd rather discuss this with you all first. Have you seen anything on this? What are your thoughts? What are the actual benefits of the initial package? If membership dues were no object would you become a member? I'm torn by something like this. I have very strong opinions about the "lifestyle" aspect but also very strong opinions about the progressive thinking that the "concierge" aspect of this organization brings.

What are yours?
https://hourglasslounge.com/

Quikstryke
Capitán Impresionante

Re: Davidoff Hourglass Lounge

Post by Quikstryke » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Its status and high end flim flam. I think true cigar aficionados arnt the 1%. They are guys and gals who love cigars listen to podcasts and have a passion for the industry. A fancy hand delivered service is just a look at me im wealthy and have anything at my beck and call like last minute tickets to sold out events down to simple cigars..

Kenhorne21
Takin' the Bull by...

Re: Davidoff Hourglass Lounge

Post by Kenhorne21 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm

I would say like quik this is aimed at a totally different audience than the cigar geek or someone who seeks out the best cigars. These guys are "band" smokers and status is more important than the cigar itself. On the lounge aspect I live in an area with a bit of money in the northeast and must say the private lounges up here are the least enjoyable to smoke in. A lot of looking down the nose goes on and I'm not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk