Cuba!?!

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Cuba!?!

Post by Kip » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:01 pm

So...who's keeping tabs on today's story between the U.S. and Cuba? I bet @kurtdesign1 will have something to say about it Friday night....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Re: Cuba!?!

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Interesting. Just interesting.
Give it a year, maybe 2 and things will change. I wonder if this will be part of the running campaign for the next president !?

Cigar F^iend

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:56 pm

I bet you guys will! Then again, I'm pretty happy with what I smoke already and, with one exception, have not been knocked out (altho I certainly enjoyed) by the Cuban sticks I've had in the past. In any event, good for Cuba, great for Obama!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

CigarSpurs
Jingle. Jangle. Jingle.

Post by CigarSpurs » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Still will take an act of Congress? I'm thinking the perception on the Republican side is this is still
a loser?

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Well if anyone's in Cuba, bring me $50 worth of Jose el piedras, and you can buy $50 worth of whatever you want. ;)

Kid Corona

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:40 pm

CigarSpurs wrote:Still will take an act of Congress? I'm thinking the perception on the Republican side is this is still
a loser?
It would take an act of Congress to remove the economic embargo. That still stands. The big changes today are that 1.)both the US and Cuba will build embassies in each other's capitals, 2.)*some* travel will be opened up; it's not open to simple tourism (my guess is you'll still need a approval due to humanitarian aid, education, etc.). People traveling to Cuba from the US legally will be able to bring back up to $400 in goods (no more than $100 in tobacco & alcohol....combined). So, the embargo does indeed still stand for the moment and I don't expect that to change any time soon. But, it's a step anyway...

CigarSpurs
Jingle. Jangle. Jingle.

Post by CigarSpurs » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Kip wrote:
CigarSpurs wrote:Still will take an act of Congress? I'm thinking the perception on the Republican side is this is still
a loser?
It would take an act of Congress to remove the economic embargo. That still stands. The big changes today are that 1.)both the US and Cuba will build embassies in each other's capitals, 2.)*some* travel will be opened up; it's not open to simple tourism (my guess is you'll still need a approval due to humanitarian aid, education, etc.). People traveling to Cuba from the US legally will be able to bring back up to $400 in goods (no more than $100 in tobacco & alcohol....combined). So, the embargo does indeed still stand for the moment and I don't expect that to change any time soon. But, it's a step anyway...
Wonder if that $100 Cuban cigar exemption is only on your person or is Custom's gonna relax rules on imports of cigar from other countries?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't understand your question. I've brought back similar quantities of cigars from other countries without issue.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:46 pm

...or did you mean commercially? There will still be NO commercial availability of Cuban goods.

CigarSpurs
Jingle. Jangle. Jingle.

Post by CigarSpurs » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Kip wrote:...or did you mean commercially? There will still be NO commercial availability of Cuban goods.
Yeah. I meant I understand that you can order Cuban cigars online and they ship them to you IF they get through customs?
Are you saying you have brought back Habanos into US from other countries on your person? That was, and still is, illegal, correct?