CA's top twenty five list

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Kenhorne21
Takin' the Bull by...

CA's top twenty five list

Post by Kenhorne21 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 pm

I was wondering how many people pay attention to the list and might try something that hits the list. My personal opinion is the list is mostly bought and paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomD
Tatuaje. Black.

Re: CA's top twenty five list

Post by TomD » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Agree the list is questionable. I follow but its not going to make me run out to a shop. So a Rocky beat a Padron? Lol

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 pm

They lost me back in 2008 when that Casa Magna was picked as the best cigar. I hated to hate that cigar. I smoked it over and over looking for what anyone could see in it. All I got was unenjoyable flavors (subjective, I know), horrendous burn issues and wrapper leaf that tended to fall apart.

From there, I've looked at that list every year with little more than amusement. I reckon opinions are like a*holes; everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks. :D
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

That list, along with Cigar Journal's ( this year ), is laughable. I love Colins work, but that list is attrocious.

Cigar F^iend

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Zedman05 wrote:That list, along with Cigar Journal's ( this year ), is laughable. I love Colins work, but that list is attrocious.

Cigar F^iend
I'm not entirely sure Colin is still with CJ. I noticed a "former" pop up in some of his social media profiles a while back...and a much heavier dedication to Cigar Tourism and his new coffee company (Twin Engine). ***

***This is entirely speculation, and I have no knowledge of whether or not it's true. Just an observation.***
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:01 pm

I like to follow it but also put very little stock in it. However, it has made me try things I would have normally overlooked. But that in itself has had positive and negative results.

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Kip wrote:
Zedman05 wrote:That list, along with Cigar Journal's ( this year ), is laughable. I love Colins work, but that list is attrocious.

Cigar F^iend
I'm not entirely sure Colin is still with CJ. I noticed a "former" pop up in some of his social media profiles a while back...and a much heavier dedication to Cigar Tourism and his new coffee company (Twin Engine). ***

***This is entirely speculation, and I have no knowledge of whether or not it's true. Just an observation.***
Kip is correct.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:50 pm

IWinchester wrote:I like to follow it but also put very little stock in it. However, it has made me try things I would have normally overlooked. But that in itself has had positive and negative results.

Kid Corona
100% agree.
Listen, there aren't a lot of BAD cigars out there. Even a rating that's bought and paid for can yield an exciting result, even if for no other reason than sheer dumb luck. I am entertained by cigar magazines; and top "X" lists are included in that. I don't ever convert the list over to a shopping list but it does hold my interest. Call it a trashy magazine/blog for cigar fiends.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Good to know about Colin. Thanks for the update, I don't feel so bad anymore :)

Cigar F^iend