Blind Taste Test

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
RockPaperScissors
Petit Robusto

Blind Taste Test

Post by RockPaperScissors » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Recently there was a recent Blind Taste Test sponsored by (REDACTED), featuring a head to head match up of eight cigars. Judging from the Half Ashed chatroom buzz, several Half Ashers participated in the test, myself included. The cigars arrived with the original bands removed, replaced with a simple white band with a number.

I really enjoyed the number one cigar, the Senorial. The first third of the cigar showed little promise, tasted kind of flat and ho-hum, the second third completely redeemed the experience, developing deep rich flavors that made me wish there was a fourth third to enjoy. Sadly, the Senorial didn't advance past round one of the taste test.

I was bowled over by the number five cigar. This is what I had in my taste test notes- “I know this cigar, it’s fan-boy-tastic, it's in the Coolidor, get another box!” Well, I was wrong, absolutely dead wrong. While the cigar wowed me, and reminded me of a very familiar taste profile, it fooled me good. I’d never smoked it before. It was a Tatuaje Tattoo. The Tatuaje Tattoo reappeared in round two but didn’t advance to the final round, It should have.

The winner, La Flor Dominicana 1994 got my vote in every round. I would let my checkbook speak volumes about this cigar by purchasing a box just to hold onto for a year or so, but sadly, I have no room in the Coolidor, the humidor, or the Ammodor to accommodate another stick. The Senorial, the Tatuaje Tattoo or the La Flor Dominican 1994 will have to abide awhile so that I can make some room. Shouldn't take long, I’m on the cusp of a four day Thanksgiving weekend and there are plans for herfing with friends, so it shouldn't take long to make some room for more cigars.

Just enjoyed two cigars this evening, only 746 to go!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Blind Taste Test

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Great to hear first hand thoughts from that tasting. I was intrigued the whole way through.

You've been Tapatalk'd