World domination...

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: World domination...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:59 pm

815DC wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:19 am
Ugh. Do you guys know what you're asking about? bleck!
What? You didnt hear about that new blending experiment?

Dominican ligero, piloto cubano seco+viso, bound with dominican binder, and wrapped in candela?

I think it was being called the “Chigrincho”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC wins the day with that one. HA!

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 am

Welp...
I found my old (I think they r on version 20 and I have version 2) copy of Photoshop Elements... but being ancient it wouldn't even load up on my laptop.

I still have no clue where the Adobe suite I had went, but that wasn't much newer.. I found a free online program and while it looked promising and similar to Photoshop, it was an absolute uphill battle just to make this little number. I thought I would make a little text based logo with Casa Trompeta as the test. Yet after a mighty struggle this is as far as I got. The idea is at least conveyed.. i think.

I cede, I give up, I'm done If you can use this random little graphic Mike go ahead.
Attachments
casatrump.png
casatrump.png (3.94 KiB) Viewed 19305 times
Last edited by 815DC on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 am

Very nice, DC. Thanks!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:33 am

I really like that as something to build off of. Well Thought!

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 am

Stewmuse wrote:My main leaf supplier included, in my last order, a collection/sampler of wrapper leaf to try. Here’s the first round of them. Left to right: candela (!), San Andres, habano rosado, Nicaraguan rosado, and habano maduro. The candela and hab rosado were very nice to work with, while the Nic rosado and the hab maduro were just okay. The San Andres, like that I had bought from him a few years and subsequently abandoned as a wrapper, is still horrible and makes the cigars look like dog rockets.
These look amazing! I have dabbled a bit in rolling but haven’t done it since early last spring. I felt inspired to pick it back up today and I am sooooo rusty, also my leaf was pretty dry but I’m happy to be back rolling again!

Nowhere near as good looking as yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:07 pm

akpreacher wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 am
Stewmuse wrote:My main leaf supplier included, in my last order, a collection/sampler of wrapper leaf to try. Here’s the first round of them. Left to right: candela (!), San Andres, habano rosado, Nicaraguan rosado, and habano maduro. The candela and hab rosado were very nice to work with, while the Nic rosado and the hab maduro were just okay. The San Andres, like that I had bought from him a few years and subsequently abandoned as a wrapper, is still horrible and makes the cigars look like dog rockets.
These look amazing! I have dabbled a bit in rolling but haven’t done it since early last spring. I felt inspired to pick it back up today and I am sooooo rusty, also my leaf was pretty dry but I’m happy to be back rolling again!
Good deal, Preacher man. It looks you are not using a mold. Doing so will go a LONG way toward your cigars looking better. Good luck!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
akpreacher wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 am
Good deal, Preacher man. It looks you are not using a mold. Doing so will go a LONG way toward your cigars looking better. Good luck!
Thanks, one of my biggest problems is not taking the time to case my leaf. Gotta work on planning ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 am

I LOVE seeing this. Keep it up!!

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm
...is surely just around the corner, now that my cigar mold collection is "complete." Well, complete enough. Clockwise from the bottom left: 5 x 50 wood, 7 x 52 plastic, 6.5 x 58 wood, 4.75 x 36 wood, 7 x 48 wood, and the newest addition, 5.5 x 43 plastic which I just rec'd today. Now, if only there was someone here in Half Ashed land who had a preference for
corona-ish sized cigars. Nope. Can't think of any. Oh, well...
Was going through old posts and double checked this one. Then I saw you casually add having a 6.5x58 cigar mold!? :shock:

That seems like a size not utilized much since 6x60 came to stay it seems. Got me wondering though..

Did you actually use that Kong Dong size mold? Or was it just something you acquired early on in collecting cigar stuff?
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:51 pm

815DC wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 am
Stewmuse wrote:
Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm
...is surely just around the corner, now that my cigar mold collection is "complete." Well, complete enough. Clockwise from the bottom left: 5 x 50 wood, 7 x 52 plastic, 6.5 x 58 wood, 4.75 x 36 wood, 7 x 48 wood, and the newest addition, 5.5 x 43 plastic which I just rec'd today. Now, if only there was someone here in Half Ashed land who had a preference for
corona-ish sized cigars. Nope. Can't think of any. Oh, well...
Was going through old posts and double checked this one. Then I saw you casually add having a 6.5x58 cigar mold!? :shock:

That seems like a size not utilized much since 6x60 came to stay it seems. Got me wondering though..

Did you actually use that Kong Dong size mold? Or was it just something you acquired early on in collecting cigar stuff?
That big wooden one turned out to not be great. The sides didn’t really line up well, creating a pretty deep crease along the cigar sides. The mold looks nice, tho, so it’s just decorative now.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.