Cigar of the day 2020

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Re: Cigar of the day 2020

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:17 am

I had an Undercrown in Churchill. My first time with this size vitola. It was very nice, really like the 48rg.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:14 am

Two Dominicans, two different stories. The Capos is one of a dozen or so "off brand" cigars I bought while visiting Kip this past January (remember January? when you were still allowed to do stuff??). It's a very basic Dominican cigar in flavor, meaning, for me, that it's a "whatever" cigar - not bad, but also not interesting. The Opus, however, is toward the other end of the ratings spectrum, and the first one I had smoked in a few (4-5?) years. It started underwhelmingly, but really picked up after about an inch and just got better as it went along its length. It was not the powerhouse people purport it to be, but there is a definite personality to it that goes beyond most Dominican smokes. Now, if it wasn't $18.00 a shot...
Attachments
IMG_9117.JPG
IMG_9117.JPG (78.38 KiB) Viewed 9116 times
IMG_9116.JPG
IMG_9116.JPG (99.17 KiB) Viewed 9116 times
IMG_9117.JPG
IMG_9117.JPG (78.38 KiB) Viewed 9116 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 pm

New Crowned Heads Mil Dias. If I had to say what cubanesque is to me, it’s this one right here. In 6 months this thing is going to be a banger. And I’ll also say that if this isn’t a CoY contender for the blogs out there, then they don’t know Image
I have been on a Crowned Heads tear. This is a collab with Drew Estate and them. La Coalicion. So good! Dark fruits all abound.
HVC 500th Tesoros. Another banger. Floral, nuts, cedar, toffee. This was a great cigar and I’m looking forward to smoking the corona gorda vitola.
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Capa Especial. Supposedly the wrapper on here was supposed to be the wrapper on the Four Kicks (red label), but Jon and Mike decided to go with a different wrapper. This is full bodied, full strength cigar. Bold, pungent, in your face; first puff is straight pepper and it lingers.
Las Calaveras 2020. Full body. I think a year to settle it down. It’s good, not great — compared to the other iterations in the Calaveras line.
So good. I love everything corojo. Def eat something before smoking this cigar.
My buddy in the background. Sometimes you have to go with the classics. One of my favorite Connecticut’s, it not my favorite. It’s so refreshing.
2018 La Careme LE Belicoso Finos. Sweet, dark, rich. FANTASTIC!
Four Kick Mule Kick 2020. Same wrapper that’s on the Encore. Thick, syrupy smoke. Nutty, floral, pepper, earthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:55 am

Didnt bother with the camera as of late but have had a papas fritas, a kfc sweet chunk size, some leoninos corojitos, a lgc maduro, and some machine made stuff this past month.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Even home-rolled smokes get better with age!
Attachments
IMG_9180.JPG
IMG_9180.JPG (97.69 KiB) Viewed 8954 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 am

Only thing of note last month was this John Bull maduro. The thing smoked like a tire fire (there was alot of smoke coming off it) would be interested to know if they did something similar to it like whatever they do to Nica Rusticas and Undercrowns to get those maduros to smoke so much.
Attachments
100_0124.JPG
100_0124.JPG (100.18 KiB) Viewed 8723 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Really nice cigar from Espinosa. Love this vitola. Enjoy Image

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:26 am

Few and far between here this month. Did get out for a nice walk on Monday with an old Tatajue P1. I picked up 2 boxes way back when ... working my way through the second now. I will be disappointed when these are gone.

Merry Christmas to everyone, hopefully you get some time off and relax over the next few days.

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Tonight's delight....

BowhuntnHoosier
Odocoileus Smoke 'Em

Post by BowhuntnHoosier » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Happy New Year everyone. Let's get the party started. My usual New Year's Shark. And a couple new to me adult beverages. Enjoy