Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Cigarro del dia - numero siete

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 am

Kip wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 pm
Our friends have been in the process of adopting a young Dominican girl for the past 18 months. They've really been through the wringer, but today officially got Dominican guardianship of her - a momentous landmark in the process. He offered up Opus A's in celebration. I did not refuse.....
You about halfway through yet? Great news, btw!

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:44 pm

This past weekends Delights.

Upmann Mag 50 oct '16

Sweet, bready, yeast, touch of almond/walnut shell and a bit of creamed coffee. It has been around 5 years since I had one of these. Better than I remember. Very good, for a fresh box. Promising.

Hoyo Epicure No.2 Oct '17

Strong as balls. Loved it for a second cigar. So much flavor pushing through. Young, of course, but if I can somehow keep my hands off these, they will be amazing in 3+ years.

Robaina Farmie Nov '14

One of my top cigars of 2017. Unreal coffee and coco flavors ! Was like smoking the perfect cup of coffee with cream. Already aging wonderfully, I am now BEGGING my buddy who gave me this 2 years ago, for more. If the burn were better, this would be a 96. It's like someone took a Montecristo and somehow gave it more depth of flavor.

Juan Lopez No.1 Jan '17

Wow, after the smoothness of that last cigar, I was immediately innundated with how a fresh cigar can attack your palate. This thing was all over the place. Nicotine dizziness too. Haven't had that in a couple years.
Interesting experiment this cigar compared to the opened box of JL 1's I have been smoking from already. Just a few months make a world of difference.

ImageImageImageImage

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:12 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Kip wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 pm
Our friends have been in the process of adopting a young Dominican girl for the past 18 months. They've really been through the wringer, but today officially got Dominican guardianship of her - a momentous landmark in the process. He offered up Opus A's in celebration. I did not refuse.....
You about halfway through yet? Great news, btw!
You weren't far off. I smoked on that joker for 3 hours, then took it home....and finished it up this morning.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Arkcigars
2x2

Post by Arkcigars » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 pm

So every year my in laws do a big family Christmas get together. normally it’s on a Saturday on one big even center everyone comes and it’s a great time.. but this time it’s a three day even in this huge cabin where everyone will be, now don’t get me wrong I love them all but 3 days??? At least I have a nice patio to smoke cigars but it’s pretty cold out.. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:40 pm

After our pipe conversation during the show last night, I went full-throttle back into pipes today. I have a lot of work to do. My pipes have been on a rack the past couple years, and the light has oxidized them stems - and dust is terrible for them as well. I've migrated them all into pipe socks in a dark drawer for their own protection, but they all need a good scrubbing. While I get started on that, I'm about to fire up this old Peterson (based on the nomenclature, made between 1947-49). I'm not a huge fan of this particular blend, but it'll do....
20171218_213527.jpg
20171218_213527.jpg (150.99 KiB) Viewed 2809 times

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 am

(The man who has more pipe tobacco than he'll smoke in a lifetime plus chooses a blend he's not a fan of)

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 am
(The man who has more pipe tobacco than he'll smoke in a lifetime plus chooses a blend he's not a fan of)
This was my only tin of it...and I'd never smoked it before. I'm not one to waste tobacco, and it's passable. I'll finish the tin out.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 am

Kip wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am
kurtdesign1 wrote:
This was my only tin of it...and I'd never smoked it before. I'm not one to waste tobacco, and it's passable. I'll finish the tin out.
Well THAT makes complete sense. I thought you knew you disliked it but reached for it regardless. Ok, ok. Carry on. I can get the idea of finishing the tin but would think that putting it down for a few months might be a better decision to see if any progression makes it more palatable.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 am
Kip wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Well THAT makes complete sense. I thought you knew you disliked it but reached for it regardless. Ok, ok. Carry on. I can get the idea of finishing the tin but would think that putting it down for a few months might be a better decision to see if any progression makes it more palatable.
I thought that once you opened the container, efficiency of consumption was important...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:43 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Kip wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:
It's almost a decade old already. It was a freebie that came with an order long ago. It just happened to make it into the mix when one of my mules was selecting tins from my cellar to bring down for me.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk